Head of Project Delivery
What it’s about
At Cambridge Assessment English we are expanding our Project Management function. We are looking for an experienced individual to help us move up in maturity and to lead our team to success. We are an international organisation with multiple opportunities to develop your skills and career.
The Head of Project Delivery role is situated within the Business Support Services within Customer Services. As a senior member of the team you will report directly to the Assistant Director of Business Support Services and will manage four Senior Programme Managers, who in turn manage 20 project managers delivering IT and non IT, programmes and projects.
This new role is directly responsible for ensuring consistency and best practice in the delivery of the programmes/projects in Cambridge Assessment English.
What you’ll be doing
As you will be heading up the Project Delivery team you will be taking a proactive role in providing leadership, direction and coordinate the team; ensuring and enabling appropriate process, quality of output, continuous improvement, and staff development to allow Business Support Services to deliver on its remit, including:
What we’re looking for
We are looking for a University level qualification e.g. undergraduate and/or postgraduate degree in a related field e.g. commercial, business, economics, computer science, or equivalent experience.
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills
- Strong customer focussed approach to programme/project management and delivery
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Good financial acumen
- The ability to report and communicate at all levels of the business and to the client
- Strong communications skills including coaching, presenting, technical and business writing
- Ability to motivate and gain commitment from others, escalate and accelerate activities & issues to meet targets
- Extensive experience of leading and managing a solution-focused project management team
- Proven track record of managing a high-performance delivery team that consistently achieves and exceeds expectation on KPIs, reporting on key metrics to senior stakeholders.
- Extensive proven experience of managing project delivery teams
- Extensive Programme Management experience in high profile and complex programmes
- Programme Management qualification such as Managing Successful Programmes
- Professional Project Management qualifications such as Prince 2 Practitioner
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment is Europe's largest assessment group, incorporating three major awarding bodies. It plays a leading role in researching, developing and delivering assessment to eight million candidates in 170 countries every year. The Group is a department of the University of Cambridge and a not-for-profit organisation.
Cambridge Assessment English is a part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge. We are the global leader in English language assessment. We help people learn English and prove their skills to the world. We provide exams in English for speakers of other languages taken by over 5 million candidates worldwide each year, as well as the leading range of qualifications for language teachers.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
We know that diversity of thinking, backgrounds and approaches leads to innovation and creates an atmosphere where everyone’s contribution is valued. As well as wanting to create diverse teams, we also value diversity in the way our people approach their work. Work/life balance is important to us at Cambridge Assessment and we offer our colleagues a range of flexible working options according to the needs of the business and the individual, so please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 25 November and interviews will be held on 5 December.
To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter:
If you’re successful at interview stage we will ask you to undergo background screening (carried out by Credence Background Screening Ltd), to ensure that all information provided to us is accurate. We wish you all the very best with your application.