11-18 Mixed Catholic Voluntary-Aided School
The school is highly oversubscribed and was judged to be outstanding in each category by Ofsted in October 2014 and in our Section 48 inspection in November 2017. The school enjoys an enviable reputation in the local and wider communities for its exceptionally high standards in all areas of pupil achievement supported by a dynamic Catholic ethos, with Gospel values at its heart, which permeates all aspects of school life.
WHY APPLY FOR THIS POSITION?
- The post will offer the opportunity for fast career progression for the right candidate.
- We are committed to developing the talents and potential of all our staff and place great emphasis on their wellbeing.
- Bishop Thomas Grant is a hugely oversubscribed school (1000 Applications for 180 Year 7 places) and enjoys a considerable reputation in the local area for its academic excellence and caring ethos.
- We are a top performing school with high aspirations for every one of our students.
WE ARE SEEKING TO APPOINT A CANDIDATE WHO:
- Is a practising Catholic, understanding the distinctive nature and Ethos of a Catholic school.
- Has a proven record as a teacher in motivating pupils to achieve high standards in Religious Education across KS3 to KS5.
- Has excellent knowledge of the Religious Education curriculum and strategies for innovation and development.
- Has the ability to lead and motivate colleagues to promote high standards of academic achievement.
Bishop Thomas Grant School operates rigorous safeguarding procedures.
Applicants should be committed to working within the Catholic ethos of the school.
For an application pack, please contact Mrs Branson at the school: email@example.com or see the school website. Completed application forms must be returned to Mrs Branson.
CLOSING DATE: Noon Monday 19th February 2018
Bernadette Boyle BA
ARCHDIOCESE OF SOUTHWARK
BISHOP THOMAS GRANT SCHOOL
BELLTREES GROVE, LONDON SW16 2HY
Telephone: 020-8769 3294 Facsimile: 020-8769 4917