Wood Green is an over subscribed 11-18 Academy school in the thriving town of Witney, 10 miles west of Oxford.
This is a very exciting time for Wood Green. Our strong reputation and results improving year-on-year have led to a rapid rise in student applications. We believe strongly in a culture of mutual respect and strong relationships, demonstrated in our Behaviour Policy built on restorative principles and everything is underpinned by our LearnWELL values.
NB The school is also looking to recruit the following whole-school TLR: Strategic Lead of Careers Education. We would be equally interested in candidates who would like to combine Head of R.E with this TLR role (please see separate adverts).
The right candidate
Applications are welcome for the position of an enthusiastic and talented Head of RE to lead our successful, forward looking department. This is a permanent full-time post from September 2019
• You will be a talented teacher with a passion for RE
• You will show the ability to inspire students of all ages and abilities
• You will have high expectations of yourself and students and be committed to your professional development
• You will be committed to playing a full role in the development of the RE Department and the wider school
Wood Green can offer:
• An RE Department that achieves good outcomes and has a drive to improve from year 7 through to A level
• Students who thrive on good relationships with staff and who enjoy RE
• A school committed to enabling every student to achieve the very best they can with supportive colleagues and a constant focus on enhancing teaching and learning
• Development opportunities for staff, collaborating with teachers within school, across the West Oxfordshire Learning Partnership and as part of the Acer Multi-Academy Trust.
To apply for the post of Head of R.E please complete:
1. A letter that:
• includes your reasons for applying for this post,
• Sets out your approach to excellent R.E teaching
• (only if also applying for Strategic Lead of CEIAG alongside this post) your vision for what outstanding CEIAG will look like at Wood Green School
2. An Acer Trust application form. You may use the section ‘ Relevant Experience’ to share any additional information, relevant experience and success
The closing date is Friday 26th April (12 noon) 2019. Applications are considered as they are received, we reserve the right to make an appointment prior to closing date.
For details and an application form please visit our school website www.wgswitney.org.uk
Wood Green School and the Acer Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and preventing extremism; all staff must ensure that the highest priority is given to following the guidance and regulations to safeguard children and young people. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and obtain any other statutorily required clearance. Employment will also be conditional on the receipt of at least two acceptable references (one from current/last employer) and evidence of the formal qualifications required for the role. Wood Green School is an equal opportunities employer.