Head of Religious Studies (Maternity Cover)
MPS/UPS (£22,917 - £38,633) + TLR
Full Time (Maternity)
Start January 2019
Are you an ambitious Teacher of Religious Studies looking to take on a Head of Department role? We are extremely proud of our RS Department and their achievements and are seeking an exceptional individual to lead the team whilst the current post holder is on maternity leave. Investing heavily in staff development, we are committed to supporting our teachers through all stages in their careers. Whilst this is a temporary appointment initially, we will seek to find a permanent role for the right candidate and are happy to discuss this further at interview.
- an open and collaborative community that trusts its teachers, equipping them with the skills and allowing them the freedom to act as valued professionals;
- outstanding facilities and resources;
- high quality inset days, Minimum 15% non-contact time for all teachers, bespoke 3 year induction programme for new teachers & leadership development programmes;
- a range of personal benefits, including Cycle to Work Scheme, on site leisure centre and an active staff social committee;
- rigid procedures for managing behaviour;
- an Ofsted outstanding School that believes ‘better never stops’.
For further insight into this role, the RS Department and Kennet School please view the attachments below labelled:
‘A letter from our Headteacher’ (What We Believe)
‘Letter to Applicants’ (Staff Benefits)
‘Further information about the role’
We would like you to be:
- experienced in leading a team and creating shared vision;
- a clear communicator with strong values and sense of moral purpose;
- able to teach RS to KS4 and ideally KS5 Philosophy;
- creative, forward thinking attitude & unapologetically passionate about your subject;
- committed to working collaboratively as part of a team and across the school;
- willing to think creatively and take risks in the classroom;
- hard-working with excellent organisational skills.
How to Apply
Click the ‘Quick Apply’ button below to complete the application form.
The school’s successes are well documented, but we believe that it is most impressive when seen in action. We welcome enquiries and visits prior to application, so please get in touch with Chris Ellison, Deputy Headteacher for more information (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Deadline & Interview Dates
Deadline for applications is 9am, Monday 24 September and candidates selected for interview will be informed by telephone soon after. Interview date: Wednesday 26 September.
Kennet School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment, including being subject to a full DBS check.