Head of School – Abuja, Nigeria
The Centagon International School (TCIS) Abuja is a private co‐educational day school located in Maitama District of Abuja, the Federal Capital Territory of Nigeria. We are seeking a new Head of School to commence from August 2018.
The organizational structure is aligned with two basic stages of educational development – Elementary and Secondary.
• Elementary School – Pre K to Grade 5
• Secondary School – Grade 6 – 11
The curriculum comprises the following programs:
• Pre K – Grade 5 Nigerian infused with American curriculum and teaching techniques.
• Grade 6 – 8 Nigerian infused with British curriculum and American teaching techniques. Grade 8 students are mandated sit and pass the
• Grade 9 – 11 Nigerian infused with British curriculum and American teaching techniques. Grade 11 students sit for the UK IGCSE and the WAEC.
The role of Principal is crucial in leading these Schools, in managing change, inspiring innovation and promoting excellence in all areas of educational practice.
The vision of TCIS is to be a renowned international school in Nigeria that is dedicated to the highest educational standards at the primary to secondary levels for college and university preparation.
Nature of Role:
The Head of School leads the teaching and administrative team of the entire school and reports to the Board of Governors.
Dimensions of the Role:
• The Head of School leads and manages the activities of students and teachers in line with the mission statement and vision of the School in the following areas:‐ Pastoral care, academic performance, classroom practice, staff management, budget and administration.
• The Head of School is responsible for the relationship and interaction of the students, staff and parents. Implicit in the role of Head of School is involvement and leadership in all school initiatives, responsibilities, events and program.
• Leadership of the pastoral care program
• Maintaining the highest standards of student behavior and presentation
• Lead of the team of Pastoral Care Tutors and classroom teachers
• Management of staff performance in the School
• Pursuit of academic excellence and curriculum development
• Organization and administration of the school’s operation and environment
• Team leadership within the School
• Student leadership Program
• Manage the transition of students between the year levels and new
student to the School
• Development of structures and processes to enable priorities to be achieved
• Promotion of the school within the parent and wider community
Qualifications and Experience
To be considered for the post you will have:
- Must have not only a bachelor’s degree in education but also a master’s degree.
- Typically should have spent several years as a teacher in a classroom
- Must have at least five years’ worth of educational management experience.
The school offer a competitive package which includes:
- Competitive salary between the range of $60,000 to $72,000 depending upon qualification & experience.
- Fully furnished house
- Utilities paid
- Provide a steward and security at the house
- Yearly annual return ticket
How to Apply
Your application should be submitted by email and should include a CV with a photograph and a letter of application. Please submit your application by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0203 194 9678 for additional information.