Firwood High school is a secondary school for pupils with severe and profound learning difficulties. There are currently 132 pupils on roll.
We are looking to appoint a Head of School to work in partnership with our Executive Head teacher and our enthusiastic and committed staff to lead our school into the future and to achieve our vision of ‘Learning without Limits’
From 1st October 2018 Firwood will become part of Woodbridge Academy Trust in partnership with Ladywood School and Outreach Service along with Woodbridge College (Post 19)
We want to appoint an inspirational leader who will
- Share our clear vision to provide excellence for all of our pupils across Woodbridge Academy
- Ensure high quality teaching and learning for all pupils
- Develop highly motivated staff who are ambitious for our school
- Work in partnership with our multi agency team to ensure excellent provision for our pupils
- Have a strong commitment to working in partnership with parents and carers in meeting our pupils holistic needs
- Be committed to collaborative leadership which builds on strong partnerships with governors, local authority other schools and the wider community of Bolton.
Firwood is at an exciting time in its development. We have a fantastic state of the art building, a mutually beneficial partnership with Ladywood Primary Special School and from September 2018 a new Post 19 provision in the form of Woodbridge College.
We are looking forward to working with our new head of school to continue our journey to provide outstanding provision for our pupils.
Application packs may be downloaded or are available from the school:
Firwood High School,
Stitch-Mi-Lane, Harwood, Bolton. BL2 4HU.
Tel: 01204 333044
Applications should be returned for the attention of Mrs J Moore, Finance Director, Firwood High School, Harwood, Bolton, BL2 4HU or by email to email@example.com
Closing date for applications 24th September 2018 9am
Interviews will take place on 4th and 5th October 2018
Informal visits to the school are most welcome by arrangement with Sally McFarlane Executive Head teacher.