Head of School
Ivy Lane Primary School
Salary L11 (£50,476) - L17 (£58,389)
Pickwick Academy Trust, formed in August 2017, is a thriving community of four founding primary schools located within 10 miles of each other in Corsham, Chippenham and Melksham in the beautiful county of Wiltshire. The schools in the Trust are committed to working together to provide the best schools and outcomes for their children.
The Board are seeking to appoint a Head of School who will report directly to an Executive Headteacher, of which there are two within the Trust’s leadership structure.
Head of School at Ivy Lane Primary School
Ivy Lane Primary School is located in Chippenham and provides education to approximately 370 children. The school was judged by Ofsted as Good in July 2014, and prides itself on the delivery of a broad balanced curriculum which is aimed at developing children’s self-esteem, confidence and independence as well as academic achievement. Ivy Lane has fantastic outdoor facilities which are used well to provide outdoor learning experiences. There are high expectations of all children in their learning, and the school promotes and achieves high standards of behaviour.
To be successful you will need to:
- Have a proven track record at senior leadership level of raising pupil standards; and be able to demonstrate this success at interview.
- Be an outstanding leader with drive, energy and ambition, inspiring children and staff to strive for continuous improvement and outstanding outcomes for all.
- Be able to recognise the school’s individual strengths and build upon its achievements and successes.
- Be able to develop quickly as a credible leader and have the ability to foster professional, influential relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Be able to demonstrate that you have worked collaboratively and are committed to work in partnership with fellow Heads of School in other Trust schools.
The children have requested their new Head is friendly, likes to talk, and is interested in what they are doing inside their classroom and at home. They would like a Head who will “get things done”.
For further information about this opportunity, please contact Fiona Allen CEO on 01249 712387
Closing date for applications: 20 June 2018 (5pm). Interviews and selection activities will take place on: 2 and 3 July 2018
Please visit the school website for further details about Ivy Lane. www.ivylane.wilts.sch.uk
Visits to the school are welcomed. To arrange a visit please contact the school office on: 01249 652556
All applicants must apply using the Pickwick Academy Trust application form.
Pickwick Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed. It is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.