‘Let the light of Jesus shine through in all we think and say and do.’
The Executive Headteacher, Trust Directors and Governors of St Mary’s Catholic Voluntary Academy, part of the St Ralph Sherwin Catholic Multi Academy Trust wish to appoint an inspirational Head of School who can build on the many strengths of the school, and work in partnership with staff, parents and governors to progress the school’s journey to become Outstanding.
Reporting to the Executive Headteacher, the Head of School is an integral role to our Trust. The successful candidate will provide professional leadership of the school on a day to day basis, promoting a secure foundation from which to achieve high standards in all areas. The Head of School will be will be responsible for the day to day Catholic Life of the school; s/he will be expected to draw on the person, life and teachings of Jesus Christ to create a shared vision and strategic plan, to inspire and motivate pupils, staff and all other members of the community.
The successful candidate will be expected to lead in a core subject or either Maths or RE, and the position also includes a partial teaching commitment of a maximum of 0.4; this will be in an area of the school suited to the expertise of the individual appointed.
At St Mary’s Catholic Voluntary Academy, we live and learn by following the teachings of Jesus and pray together as a school and parish community. The welfare and education of the children are at the heart of everything we do. We expect children and staff to work hard and be extremely purposeful so that together we can achieve the best for everyone. All children are given every opportunity to succeed. They are encouraged to become lifelong learners, switched onto Numeracy and Literacy.
The school is part of the Peak Edge Group of Schools (PEGS) which is a formal collaboration that brings together twelve schools with the aim of improving educational opportunities for the young people of the area.
St Mary’s Catholic Voluntary Academy is blessed to be in the rural surroundings of the High Peak and we take an active role in local community events. The school has excellent commuter links to Stockport, Glossop, Manchester and surrounding areas.
We would like someone who;
• is a practising Catholic with strong, lived faith and deep commitment to Catholic education, who fully supports the Catholic identity and has a desire to live out and share the faith through work;
• values all children as individuals and ensures that all children are confident and able to achieve their full potential;
• can fully embed the principles of safeguarding;
• is an outstanding classroom practitioner, enjoys teaching and is keen to teach;
• knows about the principles of developing outstanding learning, teaching and assessment for all pupils;
• takes positive action to embed concepts of health and safety, welcome and inclusion within the school and wider community and can maintain a culture of excellence among staff and pupils alike;
• is a leader who encourages, enthuses and motivates the school community through excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Our children would like someone who;
• cares for teachers and children equally;
• is a strong leader but fair, kind, loving, fun and helpful;
• makes everyone feel happy, safe and comfortable;
• is ambitious and passionate about learning outdoors;
• is able to fulfil our aspirations.
We can offer;
• a strong caring school community, having active relationships both within the local community of primary schools, and within the new St Ralph Sherwin Catholic MAT;
• friendly, happy, enthusiastic and inspiring children who are always eager to learn and willing to please;
• dedicated, supportive and hardworking staff who are fully committed to further raise standards;
• strong support from a highly effective and supportive CMAT and local governing body;
• good opportunities for CPD.
Our Head of School position is a reserved post and is open to practising Catholics only. Please review the document produced by the Diocese of Nottingham “Catholic Schools and the Definition of a Practising Catholic” for further information.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to satisfactory clearance by the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Visits to the school are warmly encouraged by contacting the school office on 01663 742412 or emailing email@example.com
How to apply
For more information and an application pack please see below and apply through TES or alternatively please visit out website https://srscmat.co.uk/vacancies and return the application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday, 18th March 2019 at 9.00am
Interviews: Thursday, 21 March and Friday, 22 March 2019