Head of School (Secondary) – Qatar
Start Date: August 2020
For August 2020, Qatar Petroleum is seeking an experienced educational leader for the post of Head of School at Mesaieed International Secondary School.
The postholder will have responsibility for 600 students across the Secondary phases and will be accountable to the school Principal for line management. Students come from over 40 countries, giving a vibrant and diverse learning community and are a great source of pride for the school. The school is committed to ensuring the very best outcomes for all students and the postholder will play a key role in providing authentic leadership that helps drive the school forward to be one of the best in Qatar.
Mesaieed International School is internationally focused and is at the centre of the Mesaieed community, educating approximately 1300 children from 3 to 18 years of age, and representing over 40 different nationalities and 50 languages. The vast majority of these students are children of QP employees or of QP subsidiary companies.
The school enjoys state-of-the-art purpose built premises that are well equipped to support excellent teaching and learning opportunities. The school delivers an innovative and globally relevant curriculum, which has the English National Curriculum at its heart.
The school is based over three sites, the Foundation Stage site, Primary School site and the Secondary campus. The curriculum is based on the English National Curriculum with students in the secondary school having the option to sit iGCSEs/BTECs and A Levels as appropriate.
- Play a leading role in the school improvement and school self-evaluation planning process
- Lead the development and review of all aspects of the curriculum including planning, recording and reporting, assessment for learning and the development of a creative and appropriate curriculum for all students
- Promote a culture of inclusion within the school community where all views are valued and taken into account
- Ensure the systematic teaching of basic skills and recording of impact is consistently high across the school
- Develop, review systems to ensure robust evaluation of school performance, progress data and actions to secure improvements comparable to appropriate national standards
- Ensure through leading by example the active involvement of students and staff in their own learning
- Be an excellent role model, exemplifying a high standard of teaching and promoting high expectations for all members of the school community
- Support the development of collaborative approaches to learning within the school and beyond
- Promote and protect the health and safety welfare of students and staff
- Promote the positive involvement of parents/carers in school life
- Organise and conduct meetings where appropriate with parents and carers to ensure positive outcomes for all parties
- Strengthen partnership and community working
- Undertake any reasonable request made by the School Principal or Head of Education.
- Relevant qualifications and experience
- Knowledge of National Curriculum requirements
- Highly effective team leader, able to motivate and engage other staff in change/new ideas
- Ideally experienced at running a large school
- Proven team management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Commitment to continued personal and professional development
Salary and benefit package
You will enjoy the full benefits of working for the corporation, including a generous tax-free salary, free accommodation and utilities, interest-free car loan, education assistance for up to four children, medical cover, airfares and paid school holidays. Details of the specific salary will be discussed at interview.
Please click on the below link to download an information booklet. Via this link you can also complete the online application form in order to officially apply for the position:
Please note, all references will be requested at the time of application unless otherwise specified. If you do not want us to request references until later in the process please ensure that you specify this on the application form. We regret we are unable to accept applications via email.
Please direct any questions to Gemma McSweeney, Associate Director at TIC Recruitment, who is managing this vacancy on behalf of the school, at: email@example.com
- Closing date for applications: 16th January 2020.
- Interviews will be held from 31 January 2020.
Mesaieed International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be expected to have undertaken relevant safeguarding checks.