As of September 2019, we have a rare leadership opportunity within a very successful, mid-size multi-academy trust. The Trust is seeking to appoint a highly effective senior leader to join us as the Head of School (Vice Principal) at The Halley Academy; the successful candidate will play a huge part in accelerating the development of the school into an outstanding provider of education.
Our successful candidate will be a talented and highly motivated leader with drive and commitment to excellence as well as strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate to a range of stakeholders. You will be joining a supportive, committed and passionate team who work hard to ensure that all of our students achieve their potential. We are looking for an experienced professional who can demonstrate strategic leadership and excellent management, and a proven track record of success in raising standards, preferably in a non-selective setting.
This is an exciting time to join our leadership team. You will be expected to play a key role in developing the strategic vision for The Halley Academy whilst ensuring that our students develop their potential, achieve academic success and develop our core values.
The successful applicant will be a key member of the senior leadership team and will have significant autonomy in leading Franklin School, and will have management responsibilities for one or more faculty areas (this can be confirmed in due course depending on the successful candidate’s specialisms). Candidates with particular expertise in delivering outstanding practice in Teaching and Learning are especially encouraged to apply. Subject teaching expertise in one or more of the EBacc subject areas is desirable, but not essential.
This post provides an outstanding career opportunity to be part of driving our academy forward and to play a critical role in the next phase of the academy’s development.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE FULL RECRUITMENT PACK.
We wish to hear from you if you are committed to changing our education world and are:
- an enthusiastic, energetic and ambitious school leader with a track record of success at secondary level;
- a motivational and inspirational leader with high expectations of staff;
- confident and able to communicate a clear vision for the school;
- able to develop children to reach their full potential regardless of background or circumstance;
- approachable and keen to work with staff across the Trust to ensure wide success;
- able to establish and develop excellent relationships with the community and other stakeholders.
Our successful candidate will receive;
- a competitive salary;
- an exciting LAT career path with opportunities for further progression in the future;
- the opportunity to assist in leading a large, currently good academy to outstanding status supported by a dedicated academy leadership team;
- security and support on your journey from close collaboration with a small central executive and a larger group of talented principals to share best practice and innovation;
- development opportunities to work both within The Halley Academy and across the wider Trust;
- the opportunity to implement the Trust’s ‘small school’ philosophy at The Halley Academy to drive further academic improvement.
Suitable and interested candidates are able to discuss the role with the Principal, John Dixon, by arranging a telephone call or a visit. To schedule an appointment please contact Pam Morey, PA, on email@example.com or 0208 516 7977, ext 233. To submit an application in full, please do so online via the following link;
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 20th March 2019 at 12noon. Interviews and assessment activities will take place on Monday 25th and Tuesday 26th March 2019. If you have any queries on any aspect of the application process or need additional information please contact Olivia Couzins (Head of Recruitment and Talent Management) on 01634 412 240 or firstname.lastname@example.org