- Are a passionate advocate for learners that require close support to meet their complex needs;
- Can demonstrate successful experience of senior leadership;
- Have wide experience of teaching and leading in a complex special educational needs environment;
- Can inspire a team, leading on all areas across the school;
- Have a passion for SEND education, and inclusion/equality agendas;
- Can identify and lead development and improvement initiatives within the school;
- Will promote the federation vision and ethos
- Have a commitment to an integrated, therapeutic approach and ethos;
- Are flexible and adapt quickly to change, taking others with you;
- Can demonstrate partnership working across the school, federation and with external stakeholders
… we would like to meet you.
We wish to appoint a Head of School with unwavering positivity, unconditional positive regard, and an outstanding track record in the teaching and learning of those with complex Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities. The successful candidate will be ambitious for their school and its learners; committed to the professional development of self and others, and ready for an exciting new challenge in senior leadership.
Mary Elliot School is a Special School in Walsall providing education to young people between the ages of 11 and 19, all of whom have a variety of SEND complexities. Working closely with the Executive Headteacher of the Federation, the post holder will be responsible for the day to operations of the school, school development and improvement, and implementing federation vision. If you are confident to be able to pair your high level of skill in the classroom with leadership, innovation and creative strategic thinking, then this role will provide you with the scope to achieve this.
Candidates are encouraged to apply from a wide variety of educational backgrounds and settings, all educational experience is valued. Potential applicants are strongly encouraged to visit the school in advance of submitting an application.
Please contact our Business Manager, Jayne Farmer on 01922 490190 or email: email@example.com if you require any further information or wish to visit the school prior to application.
Application packs can be downloaded from WMJobs online or the school website: www.mary-elliot.walsall.sch.uk
Completed application forms, with a covering letter addressed to the Executive Headteacher (designate), Mr Matthew Ball, should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12noon on Monday 29th April 2019.
Shortlisting will take place week commencing 29th April 2019. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted by the School.
Interviews will take place week commencing 6th May 2019 (not including Monday Bank Holiday)
Mary Elliot is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and young people. The successful applicant will therefore be required to complete a DBS check. We encourage applications from all sectors of the community to reflect our diverse student population.