HEAD OF SCIENCE
Salary: MPS/UPS, plus TLR 1c
Closing Date: 19th April 2018
Interview date: week commencing 23rd April 2018
Start date: September 2018
Are you a consistently excellent practitioner who is looking to gain new working experiences?
Do you want to join a forward-thinking Trust with innovative approaches to learning at its core, a Trust that places children at the heart of everything we do?
This appointment will be based in Ashington, where we have an exciting opportunity for you to join a school that is undergoing real change. This is an exciting opportunity for an existing middle leader or an exceptional classroom practitioner to shape and develop the future of Science at Ashington Academy.
We are seeking to appoint a highly qualified, motivated and ambitious leader with the highest personal and academic standards to lead our Science Department, someone who is an outstanding practitioner, with high expectations and a record of achieving the best outcomes from their students. We are looking for a leader with drive, energy, a genuine love for teaching and learning and a passion for Science, someone who has the vision and determination to lead the Science Department to ensure all our students receive excellence every day.
Your role as Head of Science will include:
· Leading the strategic direction and development of the department
· Driving forward the quality of teaching and learning in the department
· Leading and managing staff
· Effectively deploying resources
· Working alongside a dedicated Science Research Lead to share interventions that impact on pupil outcomes
· Performance Management responsibilities
The North East Learning Trust is a growing multi-academy Trust founded by The Academy at Shotton Hall in Peterlee. The Trust family currently consists of the founding school, along with three primary schools and four secondary schools. We plan to expand our Trust across the north east of England, building and strengthening our Trust family as an exemplary school community. Within our family of schools, we have a designated Teaching School and ‘outstanding’ SCITT programme and we were also designated one of only 22 Research Schools country in April 2017. Thus, you will be joining a Trust with a wealth of resources, capacity and expertise.
The North East Learning Trust will be able to offer you:
- A welcoming learning environment.
- An exciting opportunity within a rapidly-changing Northumberland school, with evolving leadership opportunities and the chance to make a real difference to children.
- A highly supportive strategic team.
- Skilled and professional colleagues.
- Innovative opportunities for continuing professional development.
Ashington occupies a prime location, situated on directly on the beautiful Northumberland coastline and also on the outskirts of the Northumberland countryside, home to the some of the country’s greatest landscapes. The school has excellent transport links and is only 18 miles north of Newcastle city centre, easily accessible from the A1 and the A19.
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please contact the Executive Head teacher, Toni Spoors for further information. Visits to the school are also strongly encouraged.
Or go to our website: https://www.nelt.co.uk/ and click on ‘Vacancies’ section.