Head of Science
Saracens High School
- Quick apply
- Outer London MPS/UPS + TLR1B
- Job type:
- Full Time, Permanent
- Start date:
- September 2018
- Apply by:
- 22 January 2018
Saracens High School is a brand new secondary school opening in September 2018 for 150 Year 7 pupils, growing each year until the School is full in 2024. The School is located in the Colindale area of North London.
This role would be ideal for a current Head of Science or an ambitious science teacher looking to move into middle leadership. The successful applicant will have a record of outstanding achievement in their classroom and of leading others. They will be responsible for creating an exciting and challenging curriculum, while building an exceptional team over the coming years, to ensure that our students can attend the best Universities or successfully compete for sought-after apprenticeships. They will lead the transition of science into the new building that will have eight state of the art laboratories. The Head of Science will play an important role in the leadership of the school during our first year, helping to shape and embed the vision. There will be opportunities for promotion to senior leadership as the school grows, including an Assistant Headteacher post to be advertised internally during the first year.
The School and the curriculum you create will be underpinned by the Saracen’s values of:
- Hard work;
You will create a distinctive culture and philosophy so that from the moment someone enters your department they will know this is where the learner is empowered to 'be the best that they can possibly be', their individual abilities are recognised, and coaching for life skills, as well as academic excellence is at the core of all that we do.
Salary: Outer London MPS/UPS + TLR1B
Start date: September 2018
How to apply:
Complete the application form on the TES website. Your supporting statement must include references to the job description and person specification. In addition, please explain why you are the right person for the role, specifically in relation to Saracens High School.
If you have any questions or would like a general conversation about the role, please contact, in the first instance, Susan Poole, Project Manager on 0203 675 7212 or email@example.com.
The closing date is 10am, Monday 22nd January 2018.
We encourage early applications, and reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time should the right candidate be found.
The assessment and selection process will take place on either Monday 29th January or Monday 5th February 2018.
Saracens Multi-Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be required to complete an Enhanced DBS check.
About Saracens High School
- Saracens High School
- Corner Mead, Colindale, Barnet
- NW9 4AS
- United Kingdom
Saracens Multi-Academy Trust opened their first school in 2018: Saracens High School. The school, complete with a sixth form, enjoys purpose-built facilities in the heart of the diverse community they serve in Grahame Park, north London.
Schools in the Saracens Multi-Academy Trust are different. They take a pioneering approach to individual character development through every aspect of school life.
Our vision at Saracens High School is to spark a flame of inspiration in each and every pupil, whatever their interest or ambition, and do all we can to support them to become the person they want to be. We deliver an outstanding education based on the highest expectations of academic achievement and personal development that will enable pupils to progress to the best universities, successfully compete for sought after apprenticeships, or thrive in employment.
To realise our vision, we embrace and live our core Saracens Values of Discipline, Honesty, Hard Work and Humility by:
- Ensuring our schools are orderly, safe, and joyful places where our pupils are governed and guided in their behaviour by fair and sensible principles.
- Empowering our staff to embrace the latest thinking and use teaching styles that reflect the culture of success and commitment to character development, with achievement celebrated as warmly as attainment.
- Retaining a focus on supporting those communities most in need, striving for equality of opportunity for all. Building community hubs around our schools, through mutually beneficial partnerships with local businesses, organisations, and individuals.
- Insisting on an honest appraisal of the efforts and attitude of staff in their work and pupils in all areas of their education and school life.
- Creating an environment where all members of the school community work incredibly hard to fulfill the potential of each individual and strive for continuous improvement in everything that we do.
- Placing equal emphasis on character education and enrichment as academic attainment, so that pupils are prepared for life beyond school.
- Creating a quality of life for all staff and pupils that is both enjoyable and impactful, to make memories they take pride in and cherish for the rest of their lives.
- Utilising the networks of the broader Saracens family to strengthen our school communities.
- Achieving our outcomes sustainably, through strong financial governance and protecting and nurturing our surrounding environment.
Our ethos embraces feelings of trust, knowledge, reciprocity and shared behavioural norms that create in our school a quality of life for staff and pupils that will be both enjoyable and productive. Our connection with each other promotes friendships, creates special moments, experiences and outstanding memories. Saracens High School is a place where people return with great eagerness, into an atmosphere of acceptance and belonging that brings out the very best in people, and motivates them to give their very best efforts in the classroom, in their activities and on the sports field.
Saracens High School is a school community that has a heartbeat, an identity, and an unwavering sense of who and what it is. We pride ourselves on kindness and respect, and being an environment where everybody contributes positively to our community, making Saracens High School a safe and happy place to work, learn, and visit.
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.