Head of Science from September 2018
Qualified Teachers’ Pay Scale (plus TLR 1:2 £9,472per annum)
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, innovative and inspirational teacher inspirational Head of Science up to Key Stage 4 GCSE level to join our successful school. Chemistry as a specialist subject would be an advantage.
We are an over-subscribed 11-16 mixed school in the beautiful county of Somerset with a reputation for excellent academic results, good standards of behaviour and a caring and inclusive environment.
Rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted in 2016, our outstanding GCSE results are amongst the best in the county.
These are exciting times for Haygrove School. We are now entering an exciting phase in the school’s history, as we have now had confirmation of a new build, which will have significant impact on our accommodation over the next few years.
As a multi-academy trust and a teaching school, we are well positioned to recruit and develop high quality teachers who aspire to be expert practitioners working across a trust and potentially taking on leadership responsibilities. We work closely with several higher education establishments in the South West and local teaching alliances in order to ensure top quality training opportunities and accredited courses, in addition to our annual in-house programme of personalised training.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an outstanding teacher of Science and have a proven track record of achieving excellent student attainment
- Have strong leadership qualities with a commitment to continually improving teaching and learning
- Be able to lead and inspire a team, sharing and developing good practice
- Be able to demonstrate and implement a vision for the continued improvement and development of the department and the school’s expansion
- Preferably have a Chemistry specialism. This would be an advantage, but not essential.
- Be a highly motivated individual with commitment and a vision for excellence
- Have the ability to engage and inspire students and build excellent relationships
- Be committed to continuous improvement and development of Haygrove Academy Trust
- Be committed to Haygrove Academy Trust’s ethos
- Be enthusiastic and ambitious about own career development
In return teaching at Haygrove School offers:
- A personalised professional development programme.
- An inspirational staff team who willingly support each other.
- A caring ethos that inspires success for all.
- Well motivated and enthusiastic learners.
- A wide range of extra-curricular activities.
- A full programme of induction and support for new staff.
- A culture of high expectation and professional standards.
For an application pack please click Apply Now or go to: www.haygroveschool.co.uk
Closing date: noon on 21st March 2018
Interviews: w/c 9th April 2018
We reserve the right to close the advert should we feel able to appoint
an appropriate candidate.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all our staff to share this commitment. The post will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.