Are you a dedicated Teacher that is looking for a completely unique teaching role?
Do you thrive from creating an innovative and engaging, student centred learning environment?
Do you love Science?..
If so then this may be the opportunity that you have been looking for!
A Bellerbys education is a high-quality British education that is tailor-made for international students, and our philosophy for the students is to allow their ambition to flourish by creating a warm and caring environment to support them following their move to live and study in the UK. An opportunity that simply cannot be missed has opened up, at our prestigious Bellerbys Cambridge College, for a new Head of Science to join the team.
This college specialises in Science and Engineering subjects and offers a variety of tailored courses including English language, International GCSEs, A levels and University Foundation courses. The college is based in the heart of a truly spectacular campus, with fantastic buildings, a great environment, and top of the range teaching facilities.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone with passion! A clear passion for Science and for teaching is absolutely essential. Leading a team of 11 teachers and 5 technicians, we are looking for someone that has proven success managing a team with an ability to empower and excite their staff to provide an innovative, engaging and creative learning experience for the students. We are looking for a faculty leader that can, take ownership or the curriculum driving high performance and exceptional student experience, as well as ensure high quality assessment procedures. Previous experience in schools would be desirable however experience from FE, HE or other education will also be considered. We would like someone that has considerable experience teaching Maths as well as a Degree in a faculty related subject. If you have experience teaching in IT, or have worked in an international environment then this would be a huge bonus!
What will the role involve?
- Develop an inspiring environment filled with exciting opportunities for our students to expand their knowledge, skills and experiences.
- Acting with a strong but caring and flexible leadership style that will motivate staff and students alike to achieve their personal objectives and those of the wider College.
- 18 hours teaching a weeks, monitoring students, and performance management.
- Alongside Maths for the physical sciences, English language skills are critical if students are to flourish in their chosen fields and the Head of Faculty will therefore need to work closely with colleagues from other areas of the College to ensure an integrated and coherent approach to teaching and learning
- Actively engage in regular and systematic reviews of academic performance, and take action to maintain the highest quality of teaching and learning within the Faculty.
- Ensure that the use of learning technologies is commonplace in the classroom
What makes us different?
Working for Bellerbys is a truly unique opportunity to work with talented international students from all over the world, with over 40 different nationalities represented. You will be part of the Bellerbys network as well as the global Study Group network which opens up fantastic opportunity for collaboration. Â Staff Development has a high profile, with mentoring programmes and an annual cycle of Personal Professional Development planning for all staff. The college has high class facilities, providing six modern labs. We are completely student focused putting students first in every aspect of the organisation, and take pride in being a leader of International Education.
If you are interested in investigating this role further then please send through your CV and any other additional information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will then be screened by our recruitment team and if you are successfully selected you will be invited to take part in a telephone interview. If successful in this stage, we would then look to invite you in for a face to face interview at the college where you will be assessed as well as have the opportunity to take a tour of the beautiful campus, as well as meet the team.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.