Head of Science Salary:
£36,286-£41,158 with TLR
The Hyndburn Academy is a new school that opened in September 2017. We are proud to be part of United Learning, one of England’s leading school groups. We form part of the Lancashire cluster of schools and work closely with our sister school Accrington Academy.
The Hyndburn Academy has ambitious plans for its students and staff. Over the next few years we are aiming to rapidly transform into the successful school our fantastic students derive.
As Head of Department you will join our Middle Leadership Team and take responsibility for standards in Science working alongside a talented and forward thinking team.
We will appoint a consistently very good to outstanding teacher of Science who achieves excellent results for progress and attainment with her/his classes.
We are looking for:
• Someone who is passionate about Science and who will inspire our students to be so as well.
• Perfected skills, in securing outstanding progress and attainment with all groups, particularly at KS3 and KS4.
• Someone who shares our moral purpose of ensuring that all of our young people receive the best education possible in a supportive environment from people who care about them.
• Evidence of good to outstanding teaching and results.
• Excellent leadership skills and competencies.
As a Group, we can reward our staff better: with good career opportunities, better pay, benefits, and ultimately, the satisfaction of helping children to succeed. We invest in our staff wellbeing. Our academies each have at least eight INSET days per year (with three of those solely dedicated to planning), and an ongoing group-wide wellbeing programme. It's an ethos we call ‘the best in everyone’.
Closing date: Midday 19 November 2018
United Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. A DBS (previously CRB) check is required for all successful applicants.