Head of Secondary
Aldar Academies are currently seeking a Head of Secondary for Al Ain Academy in Al Ain commencing August 2018.
About the School
Al Ain Academy opened in September 2011 and is providing high quality education to the region. The school is teaching the English National Curriculum – tailored to be meaningful to children living in Al Ain, alongside the local curriculum of Arabic, Islamic Studies and Social Studies. Facilities at the school are excellent and include a large astro-turf field, two swimming pools, well-stocked library, a large multi-purpose sports hall, an auditorium and outdoor play areas.
The school provides a warm, friendly and supportive environment where pupils enjoy learning and achieving in an atmosphere of mutual respect and trust.
In a short period, the school has achieved outstanding levels of progress and attainment, supported by rigorous tracking of assessment data. We have highly dedicated and talented staff, mainly from the UK, who work in partnership with parents to ensure success for all.
- Strategic direction and leadership of school improvement
- Provide inspiring and purposeful leadership for the staff, students and the wider community
- To develop a school improvement plan founded in a secure understanding of data and classroom observation
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of the school and the quality of teaching and learning
- Continue to maintain an environment that promotes and secures outstanding teaching, effective learning, high standards of achievement and good behaviour.
- Develop and maintain effective links with the community including business and industry, to extend the curriculum and enhance teaching and learning
- Improve the existing system for the management of staff performance, incorporating target setting and individual development plans
- Continue to develop an organisation in which all staff feel valued and recognise that they are accountable for the success of the school
- BA in Education or BA Degree with PGCE in Secondary Teaching
- Minimum of 10 years teaching with 3 years Head of Department experience with continuous service
Applicants will be required to submit a letter of application and CV, together with copies of their passport, education certificates and police clearance to complete the on-line application process