HD Shanghai, part of the Hurtwood House China family of schools, is seeking to appoint an outstanding leader to be our Head of Secondary. This is a unique opportunity to lead the secondary phase of a prestigious bilingual school, in an inspiring environment, and with the collegiate support of the Hurtwood House family in China and the UK.
Following a successful opening in August 2015, HD Shanghai has quickly grown into one of the City’s leading bilingual schools. Located in the district of Songjiang, HD Shanghai sits on an outstanding 70,000m2 site and will grow to accommodate 1,800 students aged 3-18. Like the other schools within the Hurtwood House China family (Beijing, Ningbo & Qingdao), HD Shanghai delivers a unique dual immersion curriculum, blending the best of the Chinese National Curriculum with British education. The School not only benefits from being part of the successful network of HD Schools in China, but also from its strong relationship with Hurtwood House, our partner school in the UK.
We want our Head of Secondary to be someone who:
- can implement the School’s vision and aims with conviction and clarity
- possesses the gravitas to act as a compelling ambassador to the School and Hurtwood House China network
- can embed a commitment to high standards and success for all students in the Secondary School
- is experienced in successfully leading and managing staff towards a common goal
- has successful curriculum leadership experience that illustrates a commitment to academic progress and the well-being of all pupils
- has a proven track record of working successfully with a Governing Body/School Board
- is engaging, possesses excellent communication skills and has strong emotional intelligence
- is currently the Head or Deputy Head of a highly regarded secondary school
How to Apply
In order to apply, please consider the details of the candidate information pack, complete all sections of the application form including the supporting statement that sets out your interest in this position, how you meet the requirements of the role and your ambitions for the school. Completed applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 17th December 2017
Preliminary discussions with candidates will take place during November and early December. First round interviews will take place on a rolling basis and early application is therefore advised. Shortlisted candidates will be notified, and final round interviews arranged accordingly.
Hurtwood House China reserves the right to appoint before the closing date.
Please contact Philippa Ibbs on +44 2077 887 937 or email@example.com should you wish to arrange an informal discussion about this role.
HD Shanghai is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to respect this commitment. The post is subject to an appropriate criminal background check and satisfactory reference checks.