We are seeking applications for an elite Brisbane Christian Independent school ideally located for all Brisbane residents. Offering the best terms and conditions in teacher employment, this school is career enhancing in the short and long term sense. The school seeks a suitably qualified & highly motivated Head of Secondary.
The Head of Secondary is a member of the College Executive and is responsible to the Principal, for the oversight and management of the Secondary School, involving the provision of excellent Christian educational, spiritual, administrative and pastoral leadership. The Head of Secondary leads and inspires a strong cohesive team of teaching and non-teaching staff, and facilitates a diverse range of quality learning experiences for students, a supportive network for parents and a vibrant collaborative workspace for Secondary staff.
About the Role:
- Commencing Term 1 2022
- Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Spiritual Leadership - is committed to Christian Leadership through vision, service and example;
- Strategic and Administrative Leadership - sets the Secondary strategic direction in line with the College Mission, Vision, Core Values and Strategic Plan;
- Pedagogical Leadership - assumes general responsibility for teaching and learning, and academic development and improvement in the Secondary School;
- Organisational Leadership and Management - drive the interconnectivity between schools to ensure seamless delivery of an exceptional, innovative, Christian educational experience;
- Community Leadership - works co-operatively with Secondary Directorate, Heads of Learning Areas and Heads of Year to achieve Secondary goals;
- Workplace Health and Safety - identifies any unsafe behaviour, or unsafe or unhealthy conditions, and report these to the Compliance Officer;
- Other duties as directed by the Principal
- Excellent student behaviour & teacher support
- Promote critical, creative and flexible learners
- Candidates who are active Christians will be highly regarded
- Previous leadership experience essential
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Education
- Provide a minimum of three professional references
- Be registered, or have the ability to be registered with QCT
- Have the right to work in Australia
In order to apply for this role please email your CV to email@example.com quoting the Job Reference number #TES2104-548088KB Please note only suitable applicants will be contacted.
To find out more about Tes smartRecruitment, please visit www.tes.com/en-au#teachers
We’re an education business, here to help educators find and secure fulfilling jobs in some of the best schools throughout Australia and internationally. We help experienced principals and deputy principals secure their next role, and middle managers...