Required from September 2018
The Principal invites applications from qualified and dedicated Special Educational Needs Teachers/Coordinators for the position of Head of SEND. DLD College London is an independent co-educational College situated in the heart of London overlooking Westminster and the river Thames. The college is one of only a few boarding schools in Central London with boarding on site, and we have around 500 students from 52 different countries, of which some 250 are boarders. This is a vibrant and diverse environment, offering ample opportunity for professional development and growth.
About the Alpha Plus Group
DLD was founded in 1931 and is part of the Alpha Plus Group of schools and colleges. DLD College aims to maintain a ‘gold standard’ of educational quality. Classes are small, enabling students and teachers to focus upon the most effective ways of learning. The College offers exceptional teaching accommodation and resources.
To support students with additional needs and/or disabilities and special educational needs across the College.
The post holder will be a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
- Keeping abreast of developments in SEND by attending relevant CPD when required.
- Developing awareness of SEND students’ additional support amongst staff
- Training other members of staff to develop new teaching styles to respond to different learning styles and additional needs requirements through INSET provisions.
- Maintaining student files and liaising with personal tutors and/or Directors of Studies (DoS) depending on the action to be taken;
- Maintaining information folders for individual students.
- Keeping SEND register up to date and information logged onto SIMS.
- Maintaining detailed records of lessons and work set and covered for each student taught (to be submitted to the appropriate Director of Studies every half term)
- Maintaining detailed records of students’ work
- Planning and preparing work as appropriate for one to one or small group tuition.
- Provide mentoring/coaching to SEND students who do not always require 1:1 support.
- Liaising with the Heads of Faculty, Directors of Studies and teaching staff regarding students being supported to obtain appropriate support and engagement.
- Ensuring that individual student profiles and educational psychologist reports are made available
For further details of the above post and to complete an online application please click here to go to the Alpha Plus Group careers page.
College Website: www.dldcollege.co.uk
Closing date for applications: Friday 9th March 2018
Interviews: w/c Monday 19th March 2018
DLD College is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. DLD College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check as well as providing proof of your right to work in the UK.