ArtsEd is seeking to employ a Head of Singing for our Day School and Sixth Form who will continue to inspire and improve the quality of training and education that is offered to our pupils
The ethos of the school is one of shared responsibility to which all teachers make a significant contribution. As many departments consist of just one-member it is vital that the teacher contributes throughout the year to the school’s strategic planning.
The principle responsibilities will include:
· To design, deliver and manage the singing curriculum throughout the Day School and Sixth Form.
· To unify and update the vocal training as delivered by the peripatetic teachers through the provision of INSET and meetings to ensure that school policies are being met and students are effectively prepared for vocal assessments, performances as well vocal work beyond ArtsEd.
· To plan and teach ensemble singing groups through Key Stages 3 to 5 and to expand and enhance the breadth and depth of a range of musical styles within all choral groups.
· To direct and accompany vocal groups at rehearsals, and live or recorded performances, in order to achieve the standard expected at this specialist institution (including The Music Concert).
· To consult with directors in planning and delivering school musicals, further more, to teach the cast the songs, coach cast members
· Prepare students for external auditions for H.E. Conservatoire training, NYMT, and agreed professional work.
· Participation in the ArtsEd audition process including accompanying candidates.
· To supervise the use and care of the rooms assigned to Singing Classes, including adherence to relevant Health and Safety regulations in studios.