At The Westgate School we are passionate about ensuring that our students are #equippedforlife, through our innovative curriculum and the wide range of experiences we provide for them. We are very proud to serve our local community and believe very strongly in our values.
The Westgate School are looking to recruit an inspiring teacher to lead and further develop our successful Sixth Form. Our Sixth Form is growing and we are expecting there to be approximately 200 students with us for the next academic year. We are delighted that, as part of our overall expansion programme, we will be opening a new dedicated Sixth Form Centre within our new buildings in September 2018.
The successful candidate will have a clear understanding of post-16 education and have the vision to create a dynamic and vibrant Sixth Form centre, which will assist our students to achieve academically and develop socially.
Taking overall responsibility for the Sixth Form, the post holder will need to regularly assess the suitability of provision and monitor academic progress, intervening as necessary. They will ensure that maximum opportunities exist for each student, both during their time with us and beyond, and they will also have a role to play in the pastoral wellbeing of students and Sixth Form recruitment and transition. A more detailed outline of the role can be found in the attached job description.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for the line management of the Deputy Head of Sixth Form and the dedicated Sixth Form administrator, however, they will have the strategic support of a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
The Westgate School offers:
- Free Medical Health Cash Plan for all staff
- Great facilities and resources and is currently undergoing an expansion programme, due to being heavily oversubscribed
- A friendly and supportive staff who are always happy to help each other and share good practice
- Strong support from line managers and SLT
- A strong CPD programme and the opportunity to deliver as well as receive training
- Access to a middle leader development programme
- Excellent career opportunities and progression, particularly as the school grows
- The opportunity to be part of a successful 11-18 provision with opportunities to teach in the sixth form in many subjects
- Free tea and coffee
The Westgate School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undertake child protection screening, including an enhanced DBS and past employer checks. We are an equal opportunities employer.
If you believe that The Westgate School is for you then please do visit our career site where you can learn more about us. You are welcome to contact us if you would like to arrange a visit. If you are interested in joining us then please complete the TES application form.