Due to retirement, we are seeking to appoint a professional with excellent leadership and management skills who will contribute to the further development of our Sixth Form and school. There is some flexibility in the subject that the Head of Sixth Form will teach.
We welcome applications from candidates able to bring with them a track record of outstanding teaching at A Level in any discipline. We also expect that the successful candidate will demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills and have a commitment to the safeguarding and pastoral care of young adults.
Our Sixth Form offers:
• Joint sixth form offers over 30 KS5 courses
• a range of one year vocational courses
• comprehensive academic support programme
• good academic results
We are looking for someone who is:
• An outstanding practitioner who is able to teach at all levels
• Successful in raising standards of attainment and accelerating progress
• Committed to ensuring the curriculum offer meets the needs of all students
• Able to inspire, engage and enthuse students, staff and parents
• A leader with drive, enthusiasm, energy and determination
• The ability to work in a whole school capacity to lead and drive the SNHS Sixth
Form. The successful candidate will have high expectations and the ability to galvanise the interest and efforts of colleagues and students.
Applications are welcomed from individuals who can demonstrate good interpersonal skills, the willingness to work in a team and who are supportive of the school’s ethos. This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful candidate will be required to have an Enhanced DBS check in line with the Government’s safer recruitment guidelines. Sturminster Newton High school values the diversity of our workforce and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
For further information please go to the school’s website www.mysnhs.net or contact Joanne Bruton firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Please note that we cannot accept CV applications for the post.
Closing Date: midnight on 27th February Interviews: Wednesday 7th March 2018 (tbc)