Are you an ambitious middle or senior leader with an excellent record of school improvement? Are you looking for a new challenge in a highly successful 11-18 environment?
Could you be our next Head of Sixth Form?
Urmston Grammar is a high-performing, co-educational 11 - 18 selective school, judged OUTSTANDING in our last OFSTED inspection.
We are seeking a dynamic, inspirational leader who is committed to securing the highest standards of learning, teaching and leadership within our Sixth Form.
The new post holder will motivate staff and students to give their very best and prepare our young people for life beyond school. We are determined to build on our Sixth Form achievements and continue to improve our attainment and progress success at KS5.
Applicants must have significant pastoral and/or curriculum leadership experience, as well as experience of teaching at Key Stage 5. They must demonstrate a commitment to delivering high-quality teaching and learning, while promoting outstanding progress and attainment for all.
The successful candidate will:
- have a proven record of leadership and management and be able to demonstrate a range of effective leadership styles to inspire and develop staff and students;
- have demonstrable success in raising standards and meeting challenging targets;
- have excellent interpersonal skills;
- provide extra-curricular opportunities which enrich students’ experiences and develop their leadership;
- champion our Sixth Form students supporting them with their progress to the next stage of their education and careers.
This post provides an exciting opportunity to work with highly motivated students and a very successful Sixth Form team.
If you would like to speak to our Principal informally or visit the school prior to submitting your application, please contact Mrs Sarah Weems, Principal’s PA on 0161 748 2875 – please note that the school will be closed for the Easter break from 1/4/19 -12/4/19.
Closing date: 17th April 2019.