Cheney School is a popular, high-performing school located in the heart of Oxford serving a diverse community of students who are eager to learn and to be challenged. You can read about our recent Ofsted inspection here: Ofsted Visit
We are committed to continuous professional development and have wide-ranging training and development opportunities. We are also mindful of the competing demands people face in their lives and are happy to consider part-time applications. If you are not familiar with Oxfordshire, we would recommend that you take a look at: Living in Oxfordshire - Information for Teachers
As Head of Student Progress you will have prime responsibility for improving the school’s provision for and tracking and monitoring of students within one or more year groups leading to a diminishing gap between advantaged and disadvantaged students.
We welcome applications from qualified teachers from all subject areas who would, in addition to teaching in their area of expertise, be interested in playing a key part in the school’s drive to accelerate student progress, but are particularly interested in Maths and Science Teachers.
You will need to demonstrate that you:
- are passionate about raising levels of engagement and achievement;
- want to make a positive difference by going the extra mile for the benefit of your students;
- have the desire and enthusiasm to play an active and collaborative role in contributing to a strong culture of sharing best practice, resources and ideas;
- have the interpersonal and leadership skills required to inspire and motivate colleagues and students;
- are keen and able to embed enjoyment and success in learning.
Visits to the school prior to interview are warmly welcomed. To arrange a visit or if you would like more information about the role, please contact Liam Bampton, Assistant Headteacher, on: LBA@cheney.oxon.sch.uk or on 01865 755 155
Payment is on Teacher Main Scale or Upper Pay scale depending on experience together with a TLR 1(2) of £9,472.
The position comes with membership of a comprehensive Healthcare Benefits Plan.
How to Apply:
Please download an application pack from below and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 8am, Tuesday 22 May 2018.
The Community Schools Alliance Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment.