Head of Swimming (Maternity Cover)
Required for March 2018
Hours – Full Time
We are seeking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and passionate Head of Swimming who also has the ability to teach Physical Education lessons. Please see below for the key requirements of this role.
- Plan and deliver curricular swimming lessons
- Have a basic understanding of our main sports (Netball, Cross Country and Athletics)
- Lead two after school swimming squad sessions a week
- Organise and take swim squads to local and national swimming galas
- Meet with the Director of Sport to discuss planning strategies and swimming within the curriculum
- In order to be eligible for this applicants must have a Level 2 ASA or equivalent and be prepared to undergo a DBS check.
- An up to date ‘National Rescue Award for Swimming teachers’ or a lifeguarding qualification is preferred but not essential
- Provide help with one after school sports club on a weekly basis (based on seasonal sports and additional to swim squads)
- Form tutor role with pastoral responsibilities
Cognita Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.