Surrounded by seventeen acres of magical gardens, woodlands and sports fields, Manor House School is a truly wonderful school to work in. Join our valued team as a Head of Technology.
Reporting to the Deputy Head or Headteacher, the Head of Technology will be accountable for the pupil progress and development within the department and must ensure the provision of an appropriately balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum which is exciting and far-reaching.
- Manage and lead the Technology curriculum and liaise with other Departments to ensure that Technology enriches the experience of pupils and maintains its role as a subject of major importance at Manor House.
- Oversee the school’s participation in external examinations
Teaching and Learning
- Ensure that all pupils realise their potential in attainment and achievement, through high quality teaching and learning experiences.
- Monitor pupil progress and where necessary provide intervention in order that those taking examination courses achieve the highest possible grades.
- Develop a range of stimulating and relevant schemes of work for all the classes within the school.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of these courses and to oversee the provision of assessment procedures in accordance with the school’s policy.
- Identify resources needed to support learning, teaching and excellence in Technology.
- Undertake a designated programme of teaching.
- Record and report on the development, progress and attainment of pupils.
- Work with the leaders of the Prep School to advise and support delivery of Technology.
- Ensure that relevant resources for practical demonstrations are available to deliver as part of the teaching and learning programme.
School improvement and quality assurance
- Promote the school and its pupils by participating in any external competitions.
- Lead curriculum development and quality assurance.
- Develop and introduce new skills and experiences in line with the School Improvement Plan.
- Follow all Health and Safety procedures and promote a positive safe environment.
- Create and maintain a positive environment for teaching by ensuring the Technology Room is a stimulating environment that promotes effective learning, high standards of attainment and good discipline.
- Contribute to and promote the development of a positive school ethos and achievement of the seven school values.
- Manage and participate in extra-curricular activities.
- Organise the department’s contribution to Open Days and Experience Days.
- Organise regular newsletter contributions, sharing the successes of the department and students.
- Any other activities deemed necessary by the Headteacher or Deputy Head.
- Employ a range of strategies and methods of differentiation to take account of pupil learning styles, abilities and previous experiences.
- Support pupils with special educational needs.
- Contribute to the development of school policy in relation to behaviour management of pupils.
- Be aware and follow the school’s policies and procedures, especially those relating to safeguarding and child protection, behaviour and Health and Safety.
For a complete Job Description and Specification please download the pack.
Interviews are subject to change but are likely to commence the last week of February and first week of March 2018.