Ripley St Thomas CE Academy is looking for a colleague to join us as progress leader for Year 13. The post is full time, and the contract is permanent.
Ripley St Thomas CE Academy is one of the highest achieving schools in the region. Our greatest asset is our positive and motivated young people. Working with us means that you will be able to teach the sort of young people who probably inspired you to become a teacher in the first place. We are a national teaching school, and we work collaboratively with schools across the region. This enables us to provide excellent professional development for all our colleagues, both teachers and support staff. Working within our very successful Sixth Form, with a purpose built sixth form centre, will enable you to work with colleagues for whom excellence comes as standard and where you are surrounded by positive, supportive colleagues who are wonderful teachers.
We are a school where there is a rich co-curricular offer, and we would hope a new colleague will enjoy widening the offer we can make to our young people.
As a Church of England school we put the wellbeing of our staff at a high premium. We believe that our Ofsted Outstanding status comes from simply getting things right for everybody, not overburdening staff with unnecessary tasks.
We are looking for an enthusiastic teacher who has a deep love of their subject and the ability to communicate this passion to our young people. We would hope this person is a creative and innovative teacher who enjoys trying new ideas in their classroom. The additional responsibility of this post means that the successful applicant will be able to support our young people with their learning, and help them achieve excellent outcomes. The new Head of Year 13 will also provide practical support in ensuring our students leave school and get into the university, training or employment of their choice.
The position is subject to satisfactory DBS checks and excellent employment references.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity please visit our website http://www.ripleystthomas.com/vacancies and download the information pack and application forms
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 19 November 2019 (12 noon)
Interview date: Monday 25 November 2019
We can offer:
- A school with a distinctive Christian mission, ethos and strong traditions, dating back to 1864
- The opportunity to work in a school graded as outstanding in all areas by both Ofsted and SIAMS (Church school inspection)
- A highly achieving 11-18 school with consistently excellent results at GCSE and A Level
- Fantastic pupils who are hardworking, enthusiastic and impeccably behaved so that you can focus on your core purpose – teaching
- Supportive and aspirational parents
- A dedicated, enthusiastic and highly professional staff team
- A professional working environment in which all staff are valued, listened to and able to fully use their gifts and talents.
- An environment where teacher workload and well-being is taken seriously
- A sensible feedback policy which encourages the use of whole class feedback
- Excellent schemes of learning and resources as well as a staff team who are keen to share ideas, resources and best practice
- No graded lesson observations – feedback is formative and developmental
- The opportunity to contribute to outstanding teacher training as part of the Ripley TSA SCITT
- The opportunity to teach A Level in our large and expanding Sixth Form
- Excellent teaching resources and facilities, from the Grade 2* listed Chapel to brand new buildings and facilities
- Extra-curricular sporting facilities for staff including fully equipped gym, swimming pool and running track
Career development recruitment incentives:
- A bespoke CPD programme for all staff, exciting career opportunities and individual teaching and leadership coaching
- Access through the Teaching School to a range of middle and senior leadership programmes