Woolwich Polytechnic School for Girls, part of the PolyMAT multi academy trust, is an all-inclusive girls’ school and the sister school to Woolwich Polytechnic School for Boys, rated Outstanding by Ofsted. The boys’ school has a long-standing reputation in the local area for delivering an outstanding education to its pupils and this will be replicated in the girls’ school.
The Trust prides itself on a culture of high standards and values from staff and pupils. This will be a demanding yet rewarding school where students and staff will feel valued and supported.
We wish to appoint a talented and motivated Head of Year that will nurture and recognise individuality whilst promoting a culture that allows all pupils to maximise their potential in all areas of school life. As a Head of Year the successful applicant will be responsible for co-ordinating and ensuring the personal, social and academic progress of all students. This position would be suited to a candidate with a proven track record of pastoral care, collaborative leadership and skilled communication.
If you have ambition and the desire to lead a Year group, then Woolwich Poly Girls is waiting to hear from you.
Our vision is ‘success for everyone’ and we are looking for staff that can bring this vision to reality.
We are looking for a Head of Year who has:
• The willingness and skills to lead and support a team of tutors
• The ability to analyse pupils’ pastoral data, including, behaviour, attendance and punctuality and take action to improve these where necessary
• The ability to analyse pupils’ progress data and to support the RSLs with tracking and improving the progress of individual pupils and the year group as a whole
• The ability to act as a positive role model to staff and pupils, communicating the highest expectations
• The ability to establish positive relationships with parents and carers and communicate with them on a regular basis
• The dedication to improve the life chances of young people throughout the school
• Proven themselves to be an outstanding teacher
As a member of staff at Woolwich Polytechnic School for Girls we can offer you:
• Opportunities for career progression
• Excellent professional development
• A contributory pension scheme
• Opportunities to collaborate with outstanding and dynamic teaching professionals
• Access to various discounts for a small monthly fee
• An employee assistance programme
• Childcare vouchers
• Season ticket loans
• Finders fees for personal introductions of staff that we employ
• Excellent catering facilities
• Secure on-site parking
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, including the need for the successful candidate to undertake a disclosure and barring check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The school is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Interviews are scheduled for week commencing the 4 March 2019.