To support our growing and expanding school, we are seeking applications from dedicated and hardworking professionals with a desire to work in a successful, thriving and supportive 11-18 Academy. You must be experienced, enthusiastic and self-motivated, with strong organisational skills, and ready to play a significant role in our high-achieving, non-selective school as Head of Year 8.
To be successful, you will be:
- an outstanding practitioner with a proven track record of raising attainment for students;
- a confident and competent user of data and able to empower others in its use to support outstanding pedagogy;
- able to work with the Assistant Head of Year 8 and tutors and be the lead link between students, staff and parents;
- able to lead and take a proactive approach on standards, including attendance and attainment, promoting high expectations and ensuring that learners achieve their core aim and make progress;
- able to communicate, enthuse and empower staff and implement ideas, monitoring the effectiveness of the Academy’s policies;
- able to identify and have an acute understanding of the strengths and areas for development in relation to student behaviour, having high standards that both support and challenge to help all students be the best that they can be.
We work meticulously to secure a culture of unapologetically high expectations that are underpinned by our collective, uncompromising belief and ambition for the students of Beacon Academy, and for the experienced, loyal, highly skilled and highly effective team of staff that teach them, allowing teachers to teach and students to learn in a school where leadership, management, behaviour and welfare are all judged as outstanding. The Academy and the Student Support Department are committed to the development of both its staff and students.
In 2018 we achieved yet another set of outstanding examination results, placing Beacon Academy as the number one school in East Sussex for the second year running under the headline Progress 8 measure and in the top 7% of all schools nationwide. Furthermore, we are privileged to be a National Teaching School and National Support School, taking a leading role in recruiting and training new entrants to the profession. Our Headteacher, Ms Robinson, is also a designated National Leader of Education, a Consultant Headteacher for East Sussex County Council and a member of the South East Ofsted Reference Group.
We are a split-site, rural, mixed 11-18 non-selective converter academy with approximately 1,300 students, including over 250 students in our Sixth Form. We are situated centrally in Crowborough, on the outskirts of the Ashdown Forest, an area of outstanding natural beauty. We are close to Tunbridge Wells and the South Coast.
If you would like more information on this role, or to arrange an informal visit, please contact the Human Resources Department on 01892 603078 or email firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.
To apply, please visit http://www.beacon-academy.org/web/join-us/job-opportunities.php
Closing date: 10am on Wednesday, 17th April 2019.
Interview date: w/c 29th April 2019.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to Enhanced DBS clearance and suitable references.