HEAD OF YEAR for September 2019
TLR 2.2 = £4,530 per annum
We are seeking an enthusiastic and flexible individual to join our outstanding Pastoral Team.
JHGS is a very successful oversubscribed selective school for boys. Categorised as “Outstanding” by Ofsted, we are looking for a colleague who wishes to work in a positive, friendly and caring environment with well-motivated and able pupils. An established centre of academic excellence, we have an exceptional record in sport, music, community involvement and offer a full range of extra-curricular activities.
Required for September 2019, a committed and ambitious Pastoral Leader to join our dedicated pastoral team who lead year groups across the school, focused on academic progress, achievements, behaviour, attendance and all round care.
You will also be an inspirational teacher with the ability to teach across the ability range from Key Stage 3 to 5. You will demonstrate the highest standards of delivery and have excellent subject knowledge within your specialism.
We are looking to appoint a colleague who will:
• Engage, enthuse, motivate and challenge students to reach the highest levels of achievement
• Monitor behaviour and attendance across a year group and proactively put in place appropriate actions and support mechanisms
• Lead a year group and run related events throughout the year and take assemblies
In return you can expect:
• Excellent support from an experienced Pastoral team and opportunities for professional development
• Focused and well-mannered students who are proud to be part of the JHGS community
• An open and honest professional culture and learning environment
If you are interested in becoming part of our pastoral team and building we would love to hear from you. Further details including a candidate information pack and an application form are available on our website or from firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to discuss the post further and visit the school you are very welcome. Please phone the main school line to arrange a time on 01494 529589. Completed applications should be returned by 12noon on Monday 14th January.
Interviews will take place on Monday 21st January.
John Hampden Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
John Hampden Grammar School is an equal opportunities employer.