Head of Year.
Tes is currently supporting a friendly and supportive secondary academy school, based in Tamworth. The school is looking to add a Head of Year to its progressive and supportive Pastoral Department ideally starting in January 2021.
The role will include teaching and coordinating the delivery of a subject ideally STEM at KS3 and GCSE across year groups 7 to 11. You will also take lead for pastoral and student development / attainment across a specific year group.
“Do you have a passion for teaching and for developing the whole child? Are you searching for a faculty, academy and trust with the highest standards of behaviour, academic excellence where teachers are respected and appreciated by students and parents? If so the School is the right school for you. We are a successful and highly over-subscribed 11-16 community school because we are the school of choice in our local community.
We are looking to appoint a highly skilled and dedicated Head of Year who is able to inspire students to achieve their very best at a personal and academic level. The successful candidate will possess the necessary interpersonal skills thus enabling them to establish trusting, supportive, and effective working partnerships with young people, parents, and carers.”
The school is offering:
• A super supportive and highly visible SLT team and Headteacher;
• on-going CPD with programmes of study such as NPQML and MA in Educational Leadership
• progression support throughout the school and wider group
• support package for NQT’s/RQT’s including CPD and NQT mentorship;
• the chance to take on further responsibility such as TLR or Leadership roles in the future.
The school expects:
• A UK teaching qualification such as PGCE/PGDE, SCITT, BEd or MEd with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• a relevant Degree or a related subject
• experience of delivering a subject ideally STEM up to GCSE pushing and engaging learners to progress within the subject
• a love and passion for education.
Please include REF: 1367480 in the email subject line.
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role. If you have an up to date CV on Tes.com you can apply with one easy click! Click ‘Quick Apply’ to apply for this role today!
To learn more about this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an information pack which includes school name, role specifics and context.
Please feel free to call Tom Nutley on 0776 700 1965 or drop an email to email@example.com for further information. REF: 1367480
Tes Schools Recruitment
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...