"There has never been a more exciting time to join HVS with our recent 'Outstanding' ofsted inspection, brand new building and relentless commitment to developing our team."
The successful Head of Year will have the exciting and unique opportunity to help shape the Pastoral System as the School grows and assist the Deputy Head Teacher in all aspects of Behaviour, Safety and Welfare to prepare students for the demands of 21st century life. This is a fantastic opportunity to support all students in line with the new Progress 8 measures in ensuring that every student leaves Hoe Valley School with excellent academic outcomes and a clear purpose for the next stage of their life.
Our Head of Year will be an inspirational teacher with a proven track record of leading students to achieve outstanding results. They will embrace creativity, innovation and always be looking for the very best practice in teaching. They will share the School's vision that with excellent teaching and pastoral systems all young people can achieve at the highest levels.
The role is a substantive post to lead on years 8 and 9 or on years 7 and transition. There are 120 students (maximum) in a year group. The year groups the successful candidate is responsible for can be reviewed if relevant as the School grows.
Hoe Valley School is:
- An outstanding, heavily oversubscribed secondary school which opened in September 2015 to serve the local community of South Woking
- Delivering innovative and exciting lessons to years 7, 8, 9, 10 & 11
- Committed to ensuring our students leave us with excellent academic outcomes, the skills to be ‘work-ready’ and the traits of excellent global citizens
- Following the national curriculum offering an extended day allowing time for additional Maths and English along with time for all students to complete their homework during the compulsory day
- A Google School with ICT fully embedded in all curriculum areas
- Committed to learning which is relevant with links to the ‘real world’ of business, higher education and the local community
- In a state of the art new School completed in September 2018 on Egley Road, Woking with brand new facilities
- Committed to supporting our staff to have a good work / life balance by offering longer school holidays, bespoke CPD programmes, minimising paperwork and meetings and ultimately by trusting our staff to deliver excellent outcomes
This is an outstanding and rare opportunity to be part of a School's development at an 'outstanding' school and to see your career grow as the School grows.
Please send applications and queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for application is:
Sunday 21st April 2019
Applications are considered as they are received, we reserve the right to make an appointment prior to the closing date.
Only fully completed application forms received by the stated deadline for applications will be accepted as valid applications.
CV’s will not be accepted as applications. No recruitment agencies please.