Set in 26 acres of beautiful parkland in Cobham, Notre Dame School nestles in a picturesque 18th century mansion beside the River Mole. Notre Dame is a Catholic School and is a Foundation of the Company of Mary Our Lady with an ethos shaped by the life and work of St Jeanne de Lestonnac. Despite the tranquil setting Notre Dame School is a hive of activity, with over 600 children and teachers working hard in the important business of education. The school has an enviable reputation for the highest academic standards and a progressive, holistic, academic education that is underpinned by over 400 years of international educational tradition in 30 countries. Established in England in 1937, the school has always had the philosophy that the greatest success comes from knowing how to learn and how to ask the right questions; training pupils to take an active role in reaching and exceeding early expectations. From the vibrant Nursery to the exciting Sixth Form, tomorrow's professionals acquire the skills, knowledge and qualifications that give them the best possible start in life.
The Prep School
The Prep School, including ND Nursery, is situated in an idyllic location close to the main school.
Notre Dame’s Prep is a stimulating environment in which to work with an enthusiastic, cheerful and committed staff. Our aim is to offer our children a rich and diverse range of experiences; to help them find areas where they can excel or simply have fun; to encourage their natural curiosity; to make sure they enjoy their school life. The children benefit from being taught by enthusiastic, specialist teachers, but a strong pastoral structure, with the class teacher at the centre, ensures that their emotional wellbeing is cared for too. We look forward to receiving applications from similarly dedicated teachers who enjoy working with bright, well-motivated children.
The Prep School benefits from the School’s Chapel, Music School, Gymnasium, Sports Hall, indoor Swimming Pool, Theatre, All Weather Sports Pitches and a Medical Centre. In addition to classrooms and facilities there are also an abundance of outdoor space, a treehouse and Forest School sites.
- Teach a class of Year 5 or 6 pupils, delivering high quality teaching and learning to all pupils
- Provide professional leadership, direction and management for Years 5 and 6 to secure high quality teaching and standards of learning for all pupils
- Working with the Assistant Head Academic and Pastoral Director to manage the achievement, progress and pastoral provision of pupils in Years 5 and 6
- Track and monitor the academic achievement of pupils across Years 5 and 6 to ensure that successes are recognised and any under-achievement quickly addressed
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Proven outstanding classroom practitioner
- Significant, recent and relevant evidence of continued and progressive professional development
- Teaching experience in KS2
- Evidence of outstanding teaching/classroom practice and its impact on pupil progress
- Strategies for improving the quality of teaching and learning and accelerating pupil progress
- Strategies for school improvement and raising standards of achievement in school
- A creative teacher who motivates and inspires children to do their very best
- Highly organised with excellent time-management skills
- Ability to effectively manage pupil discipline and be committed to a high level of pastoral care
Closing Date: 9 am 25th March 2019
Interviews: 28th and 29th March 2019
Start date: September 2019
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by senior members of the School and take a tour of the school.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.