Geneva English School is a small, not-for-profit international school, which provides a high-quality, innovative and holistic education and is known for its inspiring environment, friendly community and all-round excellence. GES Secondary, which is situated about 3km from the early years and primary site in Genthod, was established in 2016 and is developing and growing rapidly, adding one year group every academic year.
We are offering an interesting opportunity for a person with vision, ideas and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills to join our team in the full-time role of Head’s PA and Office Manager. As the School expands and develops, we are looking to bring in new ideas and ways of working, continuously seeking to improve the quality of our communications and administration so that inspiring and innovative ideas in education can flourish in an environment of good, happy relationships and efficient, well-oiled systems.
· To act as PA to the Head, managing his agenda, appointments and meetings
· To liaise with the Chair of Governors and with other members of the Governing Body
· To provide support for the Deputy Head, Assistant Head and other members of the Senior Leadership Team through the Office Team
· To manage, support, assist and develop the work of all members of the School Office Team across both school sites
· To develop the administrative systems and the working practices of the School Office always aiming to make them as efficient and effective as possible
· To be the main point of contact for parents who raise concerns or issues and to maintain the parental complaints file
· To liaise with the Parent Community Group, providing advice and support as necessary
· To work closely with the Head of Marketing, Communications and Admissions, providing administrative support for these functions through the Office Team.
At GES, we keep an open mind in the consideration of any applicant who believes they have something special and valuable to contribute.
- Team player, collaborative nature and a good communicator
- Strong managerial and interpersonal skills
- Excellent IT skills and a good knowledge of efficient administrative systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and good facility in spoken and written French
- Diplomacy and the ability to manage conflict and difficult conversations
- Innovative mindset and the ability to embrace and implement change
- A genuine interest in education across all age ranges and a strong desire to work in a school environment
- Flexibility, a sense of humour, and a willingness to be involved with all aspects of school life
- Experience in a school or education environment
- Appropriate qualifications
How to apply
Apply by submitting a completed GES Application Formto the Head of HR (e-mail: email@example.com) before 16:00 on Friday 21 September 2018. A brief covering letter and/or curriculum vitae may be submitted in addition but will not be accepted in place of a complete application form. Interviews will be held at the School in the week beginning Monday 1 October 2018. The application form, together with further information about the School and our recruitment procedures, is available on our website at http://www.geschool.ch/about/work-with-us.
Geneva English School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and enhanced national/international criminal records checks.
To be considered for interview, candidates must submit the completed application form before the deadline.