Kings Heath Boys is a local authority maintained comprehensive school for boys aged 11-16 years (600 pupils on roll) with 4 form entry, although governors fund 5 forms as the school is committed to smaller group sizes.
We are a stimulating and caring school. Our students come from diverse backgrounds and it is the positive community cohesion in our school which we celebrate. We are outward looking and active in the community, using our facilities - including a large Sports Hall completed in 2016 - to the benefit of our students and to further community engagement. Rated 'Good' by Ofsted, with elements of 'Outstanding', the school is ready to move forward in its hugely positive journey.
You will need to be an experienced and exceptional leader who:
- has a proven track record of effective leadership and inspirational practice
- understands what great teaching looks like to ensure that learning stretches, inspires and challenges students
- is fully committed to providing a safe, caring and inclusive environment for everyone
- has excellent communication skills, emotional intelligence, resilience and tenacity
- is outward facing and willing to harness partnership working for the benefit of both staff and students
We can offer:
- enthusiastic, friendly and engaged students who are keen to learn
- a talented, dedicated and hardworking team of staff
- a supportive and proactive Governing Board
- a well-cared for school site with Sports Hall and 2 multi-use games areas
- an experienced senior leadership team
- a healthy and well managed budget
- a community of supportive families and external partners
- the opportunity to be involved in appointment of a new deputy headteacher
The successful candidate will be expected to take up the appointment at the beginning of the Autumn Term 2019 – 1 September 2019.
Informal contact with the school is most welcome in the form of pre-application visits/contact.
Closing Date: Monday 7 January 2019, 9am
For further details and application form, email the job reference number ES2054 to CSURecruitment@birmingham.gov.uk or alternatively, you can download the application pack below.
Birmingham City Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.