Head Teacher required for our small special needs school in Dumfries
This is a permanent post with an expected start date of August 2018, or as soon as possible thereafter
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well established team
Competitive salary, teachers pension scheme
An exciting opportunity has arisen within Netherlea School, Dumfries for a Head Teacher. The right candidate will have the knowledge, experience, skills and passion to lead the school forwards on its continuing journey of improvement. This small school supports the education of Looked After Children who arrive with a range of learning needs, social and emotional problems, and often challenging behaviours. Ideally, you will have experience of the Looked After Children or SEN sector, be fully conversant with, and able to operate effectively within the Curriculum for Excellence, and must be registered to teach in Scotland, or willing to apply for registration with the GTCS. An ability to evidence successful leadership and management experience at middle or senior management levels is essential.
The main tasks will include:
* Strategic direction and development of school
* Quality assurance of teaching and learning
* Leading and managing staff; operating effectively as a member of the multi disciplinary leadership team within the service
* Effective deployment of staff and resources
* Responsibility for working with HMIe Scotland and lead responsibility for school inspections
* Working with the Head of Education services and other Head Teachers to develop education on a company wide basis
* Reporting on the school to the Head of Education and Head of Service as required
* Safeguarding Children & Safer Recruitment
The successful candidate will have:
* Be a qualified teacher (QTS) with a good honours degree or a teaching qualification
* Senior or middle management experience
* A proven track record of achieving high standards working creatively within Curriculum for Excellence
* Proven track record in managing staff to support successful outcomes for a wide ability range of students
* In depth knowledge of the wider educational agenda
* Evidence of successfully developing teams of professionals
* The enthusiasm, initiative and commitment to ensure good practice is embedded throughout the school
* The ability to think and plan strategically
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* A passion about learning within a creative learning environment
Please note, this is not a full job description - a more detailed job description and person specification can be provided on request.
Please contact Holly Hughes for an online application pack at email@example.com, or call 01490 413782. Alternatively, please download the attached application form and fill it in using Adobe Reader and email it to the address above.
Due to the nature of the role, we will pay for you to complete an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, prior to starting with us. Under the Equality Act 2010, some posts may have a minimum age requirement, based on the age of the oldest child within the service you are applying for. CareTech is an equal opportunities employer and will invite disabled applicants to contact us to identify any additional support that they may require throughout the recruitment process.
Due to the volume of applications, if you do not receive an invitation to interview within 14 working days, then consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion; we do, however have other services you may be suitable for in surrounding areas for the roles below: Support Workers, Team Leaders, Deputy Managers, Registered Managers.