Location Illawarra & South Coast
Advertisement Number A900098518
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at $137,486.00. This position attracts a base salary of $124,038.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation.
School Name Lake Illawarra High School
Principal Network Lake Illawarra South
Staffing Area Shellharbour
FTE 1.000Contact Name Mr Tim Wilson, Deputy Principal
Contact Phone number (02) 42 963844
Closing Date 14-Apr-2021
Job Category TCH Other
Organisation Teaching Service
Lake Illawarra High School is a comprehensive coeducational school of 560 students, 119 of whom identify as being of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent. Lake Illawarra High is located 25kms south of Wollongong on the shores of Lake Illawarra.
The school has a strong wellbeing focus and is a Positive Behaviour for Learning school with excellent student wellbeing programs including the CLONTARF program. The school also has a focus on Quality Teaching and was recently invited to be part of the Illawarra Academy of STEM Excellence.
Lake Illawarra High has six support classes and is part of the ASPIRE program. The school has an extremely strong relationship with our Community of Schools and an excellent transition program.
Specific Selection Criteria
Applicants must satisfy the teacher training and academic qualification requirements for this position. In addition to the general selection criteria, Approval to teach English 7-10 and English 11-12 with experience teaching English Advanced and English Extension.
Demonstrated capacity to initiate and lead whole school literacy approaches, as well as expert curriculum understanding to lead the development and delivery of dynamic and innovative teaching programs and assessment practices.
Demonstrated capacity to be an active member of the executive team, contributing to the school's vision with an emphasis on school improvement.
Evidence of highly developed interpersonal and communication skills with the capacity to build relationships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander parents as well as members of the wider community.
General Selection Criteria
1. Successful teaching experience with capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
2. Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs
3. Educational leadership skills to build the capacity and manage the performance of individuals and teams
4. Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents
5. Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning
6. Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal education policies
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.