Head Teacher- Ref: P004863
Grade: ISR 20-24 - £62,863 - £69,330
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for the governing body to appoint an energetic and experienced school leader to take up the post of Head Teacher in September 2018. Our existing Head Teacher is retiring at the end of this year and he has laid strong foundations for the future. We are very proud of our "Good" Ofsted rating and we have much outstanding practice supporting the wellbeing of our children. We have high aspirations and expectations for further and improved outcomes for our children.
Carr Hill is a large primary school 1.5 miles south of Gateshead. It is bordered by Felling to the north, Sheriff Hill to the south, Windy Nook to the east and Deckham to the west. It is at the heart of our community and has an active and committed set of both governors and parents along with a hard-working and talented staff. Our curriculum ensures that our children, who come from a wide range of backgrounds, have exceptional opportunities to excel and access exciting opportunities beyond school to develop their social and emotional well-being.
With children at the heart of everything we do, the Governors of Carr Hill Primary School are seeking to appoint an exceptional and committed Head Teacher with the resilience, vision and inspiration to continue our successful journey.
Our new Head Teacher will build on the excellent work which has already been undertaken and will:
- Be a dynamic, inspirational leader who will relish the challenge of taking us to outstanding
- Have passion, enthusiasm and commitment to inspire our children and the community to reach their full potential
- Be approachable, reflective, forward thinking, have high expectations and the ability to ensure positive outcomes for our children.
- Be a charismatic leader and manager who further inspires all members of the school community to flourish in their roles.
- Sustain Carr Hill’s position in the community as a fully inclusive school for all learners.
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellence in teaching and learning.
- Have the ability to develop strong relationships with parents, Governors, external agencies and the community.
Our school has:
- Children who love learning.
- A truly inclusive environment that meets the learning needs of all children.
- A vibrant and attractive learning environment.
- Supportive parents and Governors who have high regard for the school.
- Dedicated, highly skilled, enthusiastic, caring and friendly staff.
To find out more about our school’s visit our website: carrhillprimary.org
Informal visits are warmly welcomed. Please contact Marie Coates, Business Manager.
Tel: 0191 4771203 to make an appointment.
For an informal discussion about the post please contact Ann Muxworthy (0191 4338609)
Application forms are only available via email from firstname.lastname@example.org
and must be returned to Gemma Cunningham. Please ensure you supply an email address for each of your referees.
CLOSING DATE: 16 March 2018
If successful, you will need to apply for an enhanced Disclosure.
Care Wellbeing and Learning
Carr Hill Community Primary School