Dear Potential Head Teacher of Fair Oak Junior School,
It is a privilege to be Chair of Governors at such an exciting time for our school. Fair Oak Junior School is a large, five form entry school located close to the cities of Winchester and Southampton. Our recent OFSTED Inspection in July 2019 confirmed that the school continues to be Good, and well on the way to becoming Outstanding. Our vacancy arises as our well respected Head Teacher is relocating with his family to another part of the country.
The Governing Body wishes to appoint someone who is a strategic leader with a clear vision of excellence and who will work with staff, pupils, parents and Governors to take us further along the journey to being an Outstanding school.
We can offer:
- A positive and supportive environment where your career development will be championed
- A dedicated, stable and talented team of staff with supportive parents and Governors who are enthusiastic about helping the school continue to grow
- Inquisitive, vibrant and well-behaved children who love to learn
- A school that is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of everyone in our Fair Oak Family
- The vision, energy, leadership and creativity to drive innovation whilst building on existing practices that are working incredibly effectively
- An uncompromising commitment to ensure outstanding teaching for every child
- A rigorous approach to identifying gaps in learning and accelerating progress
- A positive, can-do attitude where challenges are seen as opportunities
We are a family, so if you would like to see what the different parts of the family require of their next Head Teacher, click here.
If this sounds like you then we want to hear from you.
Visits to the school prior to application are strongly encouraged and will be warmly welcomed. Tours with me can be arranged on the following dates:
Wednesday 11th March 2020
Wednesday 18th March 2020
Wednesday 25th March 2020
Please email Katy Layley, the Deputy Head, to book a tour: k.Layley@fairoak-jun.hants.sch.uk
I look forward to meeting you soon.
Rob Gardner - Chair of Governors
Closing date: Noon, 27th March 2020
Shortlisting: 1st April 2020
Interview dates: (candidates will be required for both days): 27th and 28th April 2020
Start as the new Head Teacher at Fair Oak: 1st September 2020
Fair Oak Junior School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.