Location Sydney Region
Advertisement Number A900101337
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at $137,486.00. This position attracts a base salary of $124,038.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation.
School Name St Marys Senior High School
Principal Network Cambridge Park
Staffing Area Mount Druitt
FTE 1.000Contact Name Leah Havord
Contact Phone number 02 9623 8333
Closing Date 29-Sep-2021
Job Category TCH Other
Organisation Teaching Service
St Marys Senior High School is a culturally diverse school found on the Country of the Wianamatta People of the Darug Nation. It has 909 enrolments, with 65% of students from a non-English speaking background and nine Aboriginal students.
St Marys Senior High School is an academically comprehensive high school which enrols students in Years 11 and 12 in preparation for the Higher School Certificate. The school’s charter is focused on increasing the range of educational options available to Stage 6 students in Western Sydney and enhancing their learning outcomes. This is achieved by offering one of the broadest ranges of senior curricula in the state in a respectful, responsible adult learning environment that is focused on the delivery of quality teaching and learning and wellbeing programs for all students. Non-local students wishing to attend St Marys Senior High School seek enrolment through application based upon their learning commitment and since 2018 the school has also had a local area enrolment component.
The St Marys Senior High School learning community is inclusive, aspirational and respectful. Student–teacher relationships are based on mutual respect and courtesy, providing the foundation for a safe, positive and productive learning environment focused on continuous student and school improvement. While the student population is diverse in terms of educational experience and future aspirations, all members of the St Marys Senior High School community have a positive commitment to learning. The school is currently creating and developing its Reconciliation Action Plan.
During the past five years the school has implemented a variety of initiatives focused on teacher quality and professional learning, integrated use of technology in all aspects of the school community, student engagement and retention, and innovative collaborative practice. These practices continue to form the foundations of the school’s current priorities within the 2021-2024 management cycle.
Specific Selection Criteria
Applicants must satisfy the teacher training and academic qualification requirements for this position. In addition to the general selection criteria, the applicant must have:
- Approval to teach Ancient History and Modern History. Approval and/or willingness to teach Studies of Religion.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead and implement data-driven practices in senior curriculum to meet high expectations for teaching performance.
- Outstanding leadership of a team that is focused on building the capacity of colleagues that have a diverse range of skills and experience.
- Demonstrated capacity to work as an effective member of the school executive team in the delivery of strategic directions, targets and whole school initiatives, both across the school and within the faculty team.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and implement initiatives focused on high quality support and learning opportunities which provide optimal outcomes for a diverse range of students.
General Selection Criteria
1. Successful teaching experience with capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
2. Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs
3. Educational leadership skills to build the capacity and manage the performance of individuals and teams
4. Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents
5. Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning
6. Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal education policies
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.