The Independent Schools Foundation Academy (The ISF Academy) has a deep commitment to Hong Kong, inspiring Pre-Primary to Grade 12 learners to act as empowered global stewards since our establishment in 2003. As an internationally accredited private independent school, our unique student-focused academic curriculum and experiential learning programs are deeply rooted in Chinese culture combined with a truly bi-lingual and intercultural learning environment. ISF?s exceptional IB Diploma performance has promoted graduates to the world?s most prestigious universities to continue their next stage of learning. The school currently has around 2000 students and 400 employees.
The Primary Library sits at the core of The ISF Academy Primary School curriculum, supporting the Academy?s mission through its unique approach to bilingual and biliterate education. ISF students are expected to become confident readers of both English and Chinese traditional texts through immersive contact with age appropriate reading material. ISF students will also develop study and research skills through their regular interaction with Library staff.
We are now seeking an energetic, qualified, and experienced candidate to fill the following position: The Head Teacher Libarian.
The Head Teacher Librarian is responsible for the overall management and leadership of the Primary Library, including supervision of all Library-based learning and instructional programs, collections, budgetand Primary Library staff.
- Develop and execute strategic plans for the Library and all related programs
- Manage and develop the Library collection (including printed, non-printed, multimedia reading materials as well as databases) in both Chinese and English in support of the Primary School curriculum
- Supervise the Library teacher librarians and administrative staff to ensure efficient daily operation of the Library in support of student and parent needs
- Educate all students to be self-sufficient, lifelong, and technology-proficient learners, who understand how to retrieve, critically evaluate, manage, and use information
- Collaborate with teachers and staff to integrate the use of Library?s resources into the curriculum
- Work with teachers in the development and timely evaluation of Library programs to ensure its services continue to meet the needs of the ISF community
- Collaborate with teachers to develop literature-based reading programs in support of inquiry-based learning which incorporates transferable information literacy skills
- Measure Library performance in its provision of resources, facilities, programs and service against current ISF policies, practices, standards and benchmarks
- Evaluate student learning to provide evidence of progress in information literary and reading competence
- Initiate, facilitate and plan reading programs (including summer, weekends, and after school programs), author visits, and any other educational or promotional activities
- Bachelor Degree in Education other relevant discipline with PGCE / PGDE
- Professional qualification in Librarianship / Information Management / Information Science is desirable
- Minimum 10 years? working experience within an educational organization
- Extensive knowledge of library management systems, technologies, and standards
- Have a good understanding of primary school curriculum standards in various subjects, especially in the elements related to information literacy and reading literacy.
- Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese, including Mandarin
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Apple Mac OS and Chinese word processing
The ISF Foundation, Academy & Pre-School are committed to ensuring safety and well-being of our students. We hold high standards of recruitment practices with the attention to child safeguarding. All applicants to us must be willing to undergo background checks and child protection screening.
Free Shuttle Bus will be provided arrival to and departure from The ISF Academy: Route: North Point > Admiralty Centre > Causeway Bay > Aberdeen > The ISF Academy
Application Deadline: 31 January 2019
Remuneration will commensurate with qualifications and experience. We will offer an attractive benefits package including medical, life, professional development & continuing education and transportation to the right candidate.
Please submit your application by completing the Application Form, Reference Check Statement which could be downloaded from our website: www.isf.edu.hk together with full Curriculum Vitae and Covering Letter. Please quote with our “Ref: no.” (Ref: PS/HTL/20181220_isf) by email to email@example.com.
Personal data is collected for employment purposes only.