Required for August 2018
The Diocese of Nottingham is looking to appoint a Head Teacher to lead De Lisle College, a thriving and successful 11-18 Catholic Voluntary Academy with a clear vision for success in developing the young adults of tomorrow.
This is an opportunity to lead our Catholic Academy which forms part of a Multi-Academy Trust; our aim is to provide the best educational opportunities for the students entrusted in our care.
Our Gospel values are at the heart of the very best all-round education we offer. This is a happy College with a family atmosphere, described by the School community as “the De Lisle Way”. The College continues to be an outstanding Catholic School as recognised in the most recent Diocesan Canonical Inspection (2014). The Catholic foundation of the College underpins the philosophy, values and aims as embodied in the mission statement and in the daily life of the College.
We are looking to appoint someone who:
- Is a practising Catholic, with a passion and commitment to develop the Catholic life of this faith community.
- Has a clear vision and is able to strategically build on the success of the College and improve it even further.
- Is committed to the needs of each student ensuring they have the opportunities to enable them to grow and succeed academically, spiritually and emotionally.
- Is experienced in successful senior school leadership and school improvement.
- Has the ability to establish and build excellent relationships with staff, students, governors, directors and parish clergy.
- Will be forward looking in working collaboratively as part of the new St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Academy Trust.
- Listens and communicates effectively.
- Will maintain safeguarding at the heart of the school.
We can offer:
- An 11-18 College with an excellent reputation and strong outcomes (Ofsted 2017: Good, DCI 2014: Outstanding).
- Students who are proud of their school and value the support and challenge.
- Dedicated staff, who go the extra mile for our students.
- A welcoming and caring school community supported by a strong and effective governing body, Trust and staff.
- The collaborative support of Head Teachers and staff across the Academy Trust.
- “A friendly and inclusive working environment characterised by the pupils who are polite, courteous and conduct themselves around the school with maturity. They appreciate the caring positive relationship that exists between staff and pupils. Parents overwhelmingly recommend the school” (Ofsted 2017).
There will be an expectation that you will make positive contributions to the overall development of The St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Academy Trust.
We are very proud of our College and would strongly recommend that you visit. This can be arranged by contacting Mrs Jennie O’Reilly on 01509 268739.
Closing date: Monday 26 February 2018 at 12.00 Noon
Interview date: w/c Monday 5 March 2018
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
A CES Senior Leadership Application Form and further details are available on the College website: www.delisle.org.uk
Within your supporting statement, summarise the impact of your work as a school leader in your current/recent role.
De Lisle College: A Catholic Voluntary Academy, Thorpe Hill
Loughborough, Leicestershire LE11 4SQ
Tel: 01509 268739