Focus Learning Trust is part of OneSchool global, one of the most extensive and progressive networks of schools and educational support services in the world. With schools in 18 countries worldwide, our 10,000 students are benefiting from the amazing results of global collaboration and cutting-edge educational methods.
We have a fantastic opportunity at our Focus School Newtown Campus for a forward thinking, highly motivated and truly inspirational practitioner to lead our school.
Our schools offers achievement, opportunity and professional challenge to our students within a supportive environment. The students have a passion and desire to excel in learning. We are looking for conscientious and hard-working individuals who are passionate about education, pay meticulous attention to detail and who wish to maintain our environment to the highest standard. Our goal is to become a leading edge school in every aspect.
N.B. Visits prior to application are warmly welcomed so you can come and see for yourself what makes Focus Learning Trust such a special and unique place to work.
• Continually raise student aspiration, attainment and progress through improvement in the quality of teaching and learning across the key stages
• Provide leadership, inspiration and management, and model outstanding teaching practice
• Ensure the effective implementation of the curriculum including the development and well-being of the individual learner
• Consistently manage and improve the performance of the teaching staff to enhance the delivery of an inspiring quality curriculum leading to better outcomes for all
• Uphold and promulgate the Focus ethos and high moral values across all areas of the school
• Maintain orderly systems for student management and day-to-day organisation
• Promote and model positive, effective communications and relationships with all stakeholders
We are looking for:
• A bold and decisive Head Teacher (we would consider an experienced Senior Leader wishing to take up their first headship)
• A dedicated, hardworking professional with a relentlessly positive, solution-focused outlook
• An individual with high personal integrity and professionalism
• An organised, digitally competent person, able to plan and secure school improvement
• An approach to student progress that ensures all are supported to fulfil their potential
• A well-presented, articulate speaker
• A leader who respects the school’s ethos, aims and values
• An excellent working environment with good resources
• Supportive Trustees who are committed to school improvement, who will work with you to achieve your goals
• Dedicated and talented staff who are keen to build on our high standards
• Students who are enthusiastic and highly motivated with a love of learning
• Active and committed parents and carers
• A supportive and involved community
• Excellent premises and lovely grounds providing an excellent learning environment
• The opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of our students
• The opportunity to enhance your educational experience with support for continued professional development
• A competitive salary
• Professional support from Focus Learning Trust, equivalent to 100 hours per academic year
For more information about Focus Learning Trust or specific information relating to our Campus please visit http://www.focus-school.com or follow us on LinkedIn at Focus Learning Trust
For an informal discussion or visit to the school please contact Melissa Podlaski on 0330 055 5600, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack.
Closing Date for application forms: Friday 15th February 2019
Interviews will be held week commencing: 28th February 2019
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
Focus School Newtown Campus is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. This is in line with statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education 2018 and The Education Act 2002, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment