New ASD School - Surrey
Salary: Inner London Leadership Scale, subject to experience
Position to commence: Summer Term 2019 or earlier
Eagle House Group provides highly specialist, day placements for 150 children and young people from across the full spectrum of Autism. With provisions in London and Surrey, we pride ourselves on the passion we share for working with these exceptional children and the in-house expertise we have built within our multidisciplinary teams.
This is an exciting time in the Group’s development with a planned new school being developed in Surrey for September 2019. This discrete provision will cater for a small cohort of pupils (aged 7-16) who, in addition to their high functioning ASD, present with complex SEMH needs. Following the Eagle House Approach to Autism, the school will also provide a therapeutic based curriculum and effective partnership working with parents/carers and other significant people involved in each child’s life.
You will be an ambitious, proven leader, either at Deputy or Head Teacher level, with an expertise in Autism and SEMH and have an excellent track record of successfully implementing school improvement and impactful change.
This is an opportunity to join the team prior to the school opening and be part of the Development process, to create a centre of excellence for a very special group of young people who typically not provided for either in mainstream or specialist education.
You will need to:
- Be a highly capable leader, with a clear sense of vision, strategic thinking and purpose;
- Possess relevant experience of highly effective leadership and a strong track record in raising standards;
- Be aware of processes involving child protection and safeguarding and be committed to working in partnership with multi agencies;
- Be collegiate, responsive, highly approachable and have the ability to inspire colleagues, pupils and their families.
We can offer:
- the opportunity to develop a brand new school and to create your own vision
- Support and guidance from an experienced Group Leadership Team
- To join an established Independent School Group and develop your skills and experience within a family of provider schools;
- The chance to work with a highly committed team of Head teachers and senior leaders, dedicated to success and continual improvement
If you would like to have an informal discussion or to arrange a visit, please contact us on 0208 770 7788 and ask to speak to Julia Pithouse (Chief Executive).
Eagle House Group is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all of its employees to share this commitment. This post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced check by the Disclosure & Barring Service.
For an application pack, please contact the Human Resources Department on 020 8770 7788 or by email to email@example.com. CVs will not be accepted; only applications submitted on the Eagle House Group application form will be considered. For company information please visit our website: www.eaglehousegroup.co.uk
Closing date: 14th December 2018 Interview date: 19th December 2018