Our vibrant village LA maintained primary school is looking for a passionate, empowering head teacher to start in September 2018 and to lead the school on the next stage of its journey.
Salary: L15 to L21
We are looking for the head teacher to have:
- A passion for working with children, combined with an enthusiasm for teaching and learning and an ability to lead by example
- A reflective approach and capacity to critically evaluate, identify strengths and priorities for development; then build and monitor plans to close these gaps
- The desire and ability to maintain a positive school environment where the children develop their personal and social skills and build respect for others
- Someone who empowers and delegates, further developing the leadership capacity within the school whilst maintaining a focus on professional standards
- The ability to provide strategic, inspirational leadership
- An understanding of a nursery or early years setting
In return we offer:
- Children who enjoy school, are attentive, courteous and are engaged in their learning
- A great opportunity to lead a motivated, engaged strong set of class teachers with excellent support staff and empowered middle leaders
- The opportunity to oversee the expansion of a nursery setting to welcome rising 2-years olds
- An active supportive governing board who are committed to valuing the development of the head teacher and supporting them on their long-term career journey
- A committed engaged parent body, who support the school in many ways
The information pack attached provides further information on the school and role, this is complemented by the school website http://www.cotfordstlukeprimary.co.uk. However, we’d love to welcome you to the school to see for yourself all we have to offer. Please contact the school office on 01823 430831 to arrange a mutually convenient time.
For further information and an application form, please click Apply Now, telephone our recruitment line on 01823 348270 or email SSERecruitment@somerset.gov.uk. Please state which post and school. Please send the completed application form by email to email@example.com or by post to SSE Recruitment, Support Services for Education, Cheddon Road, Taunton, Somerset, TA2 7QP.
All applications must be received by the deadline of 5pm on Friday 2nd March 2018.
Shortlisting will take place on the 8th March, with those successful at this stage having references taken. Interviews and assessment activities will commence on Monday 19th March 2018, with those making the final stage being invited to also attend on Tuesday 20th March. If you have not been contacted by the interview dates, you should assume that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This post will be offered subject to Enhanced DBS checks together with relevant employment checks and references.
Cotford St.Luke Primary School, Bethell Mead, Cotford St.Luke, Taunton TA4 1HZ
Aspire Believe Achieve