Headteacher: St Georges Church School and Nursery, North Somerset
Our new headteacher will join us at an exciting time for St Georges, leading the school forward in its drive to deliver an outstanding education for all pupils, so that every child can flourish and grow to their full potential. Supported by an enthusiastic staff team and a committed governing body, with wider support from our ecumenical partners, parents and local community, our new head will be in a position to build on the high standards to which we aspire in all areas of school life.
About our school:
• St Georges Church School and Nursery is a Christian learning environment at the heart of its community, which welcomes equally pupils with a Christian faith, pupils with other faiths and pupils with no faith. We strive to achieve academic excellence, while retaining our clear focus on the development of the whole child – socially, emotionally, morally, spiritually, culturally and physically. Our school seeks to inspire, challenge and support everyone to fulfil their individual potential.
• St Georges has 210 pupils (with an additional 24 children in the nursery). It enjoys an excellent reputation in the local community and remains consistently over‐subscribed.
• Our school’s ecumenical foundation is supported by the Church of England, the Methodist Church and the Baptist Church, and its Christian vision and values lie at the heart of all that we do.
• Our most recent SIAMS inspection (February 2016) praised the school for its caring ethos and for its contribution to the social, moral, spiritual and cultural development of pupils, with an overall judgment of ‘good’. Our latest OFSTED inspection (May 2016) judged the school to require improvement, based on achievement at the end of KS2.
• St Georges joined the Bath & Wells Multi Academy Trust on 1 September 2016. Our interim head, senior leaders, staff and governors are working cohesively and energetically to make accelerated progress, with the full support of the Trust.
• We are proud of our school and of the work that has already been done to accelerate learning opportunities. Our leadership team and staff continue to focus on excellent teaching and on creating stimulating learning environments within a culture of high expectations.
We are therefore looking for an inspirational and experienced school leader who:
• Is an exemplary role model with excellent leadership and communication skills, who can inspire, challenge, support and nurture pupils and staff alike, sustaining the high morale that exists within the school, while maintaining and strengthening links with parents, our ecumenical partners and the wider community.
• Is passionate about excellence in teaching and learning, and about enabling every child to flourish and grow to their full potential in all areas.
• Will provide spiritual leadership within the school, upholding our distinctive Christian ethos so that it continues to shine through all that we do.
• Is an excellent classroom practitioner who will lead and develop an ambitious team, and who will achieve with staff the highest standards of aspiration and attainment.
• Can demonstrate the ability to achieve sustainable improvement and will consolidate and build on the progress already made within the school, leading St Georges forward into an outstanding future.
We can offer you:
• A strong school community with a distinctively Christian ethos and a clear focus on children as individuals.
• A vibrant and uplifting school, where pupils, staff and governors enjoy working together and where everyone is encouraged to achieve their individual potential.
• Friendly, happy and enthusiastic pupils who enjoy coming to school, behave well and are eager to learn, and who take pride in their school, their classmates and their teachers.
• A dedicated staff team, who work energetically to sustain the school improvement journey, embracing new ideas and opportunities to develop their professional skills.
• Excellent relationships between pupils and staff and between staff and governors, based on high levels of mutual respect, care and responsibility.
• An engaged and supportive local governing board, parents and ecumenical partners.
• High‐quality accommodation in extensive grounds, creating a stimulating learning environment.
• A commitment to continued professional development for staff at all levels.
• The support of the Bath & Wells Multi Academy Trust, with exciting opportunities for collaborative working within the North Somerset hub of seven schools. Schools work together within their hubs for locally identified and driven school improvement and professional development.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check.