An opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated leader to join our team in the position of Headteacher and the Local Governing Committee is now seeking a candidate with a clear vision for the future and the skills and resilience to implement that vision. The post provides a great opportunity to creatively develop the curriculum and improve attainment and achievement for all our children. An essential part of the role will be to engage with parents to help improve long term outcomes for our pupils and local community.
Our ideal candidate will:
• strive to be the best and achieve the best for all our school community.
• value all our children, take pride in their achievements, inspiring them to be life-long learners and realise their full potential.
• have a clear focus on teaching and learning, a commitment to raising standards and when appropriate, the ability to implement rapid change.
• demonstrate strong communication skills.
• be creative and innovative, lead by example and inspire the school community to achieve the best possible outcomes for all our children.
• encourage teamwork so staff and pupils contribute to school improvement.
• promote an environment that supports positive behaviour for learning, building on our highly successful “Going for Gold” scheme.
• be committed to their own and others’ professional development.
• welcome the opportunity to work in close partnership with other schools and agencies and share best practice.
In return we can offer:
• a friendly and caring school where all stakeholders work together for the benefit of the children.
• happy children who want to learn.
• a high level of support from the Hope Learning Trust and colleagues within the Trust.
• a motivated, dedicated staff and a committed, active and supportive Local Governing Committee
• an improving school which supports pupils with a wide range of extra-curricular activities;
• a commitment to professional development and advancement opportunities within a growing MAT.
We are looking for someone who can make a positive contribution to the school and by doing so, support the local community.
Candidates are encouraged to visit the school to see for yourself the work that we do. To arrange a visit please contact Sarah Brownhill on 01904 552380 or email email@example.com
Applications should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Thursday March 15, 2018
Interviews are scheduled to take place on Tuesday April 10 and Wednesday April 11.
Applications will be acknowledged by email so please provide an email address. You are encouraged to accompany your application form with a letter of no more than two sides of A4 demonstrating how you fulfil the Person Specification in the application pack.
Burton Green Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments made are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.