Teacherhorizons is helping the British International School, Casablanca, Morocco find an exceptional Head of School.
BISC is searching for an outstanding leader who will achieve the ambitious yet realistic aspirations of the Board of Governors. The Headmaster/Headmistress (HM) would have a collaborative style of leadership and have the ability work with and engage a wide range of stakeholders within the wider school community – particularly with the Board and members of staff. It’s a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic leader to have a significant impact on a young school at an important and exciting early phase.
BISC is a new international school which has excellent facilities and resources. It opened in September 2017 and has an ambitious development programme and is planning to cater for 1,500 students from Nursery through to A Levels. It uses the British National Curriculum and, in particular, the International curriculum designed by Cambridge University along with the Moroccan National Curriculum, blending with the Moroccan culture and sensitivity. You can read more about BISC here.
The successful candidate would meet the following criteria:
- A collaborative style of leadership, along with a firm approach to challenging situations
- Experience in setting up new schools
- Experience with the British Curriculum and its combination with other local and /or international curricula
- Experience in an international school would be a distinct advantage
- An ability to work to budgets
- Leadership experience, ideally at Head of School, but outstanding Heads of Section would be considered
- Qualified Teacher Status and a Bachelor’s degree. Additional academic qualifications would be an advantage
- Experience taking a school through the accreditation processes
Casablanca is great city to live and work as it blends the old traditional Morocco with the new emerging one. Situated on the Atlantic coast on the western side of Morocco, it is the country’s main port. It has a mild, sunny climate and a decent cost of living so enabling expats to have a very good quality of life. Access to mainland Europe is good with flights connecting to many major cities.
How to apply
To apply for this position, you must upload your CV to Teacherhorizons - www.teacherhorizons.com – it takes two minutes. Once you have done this, email John Regan on firstname.lastname@example.org for further details of the school, position and application process.
The application deadline is 15th December. We will be shortlisting on an ongoing basis so early applications are strongly encouraged to avoid disappointment.
Initial interviews will be carried out via Skype. The school is wishing to make the appointment as soon as possible.