Location: Shardlow Primary School, Shardlow
This post has arisen as our previous Headteacher has taken on the role in another school within our Trust. Shardlow Primary School is based in the Derbyshire village of Shardlow and presently has an increasing roll of 103 pupils. Shardlow is a warm, welcoming and friendly school which values the contribution of all pupils whatever their skills and interest.
The Governors and staff are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, inspirational and outstanding leader with the knowledge, vision, stamina and courage to build upon our successes to date. We are looking to appoint an exceptional leader to help lead our work in continuing to be an outstanding school and to join our talented and committed school team.
The school is proud of the consistently high levels of progress and attainment that children achieve at both KS1 and KS2 and children enjoy coming to school. As our school is at the heart of the community the new headteacher will continue to maintain links beyond our school with support in partnership with staff, parents and governors.
You will be able to demonstrate innovation, excellent people skills and flexibility in your approach to leadership. You will 'lead from the front' and inspire staff to maximise the potential of themselves and each and every child. This role is a superb opportunity for an ambitious leader, who has the drive and dedication to make a difference.
We are seeking a Headteacher who:
- Possesses a clear educational vision backed by leadership and management experience
- Can demonstrate resilience, determination, imagination and commitment to sustain school improvement
- Has pupils at the heart of decision making
- Has the ability to improve teaching and learning through the systematic development of teaching staff
- Has the ability to skillfully use data to analyse, monitor, challenge and support
- Is an outstanding classroom practitioner with an enthusiastic and innovative approach to their teaching
- Has outstanding strategic thinking and a passion for learning
- Has the ability, desire and dedication to maintain and strengthen links with Parents, Governors and the wider community
We can offer:
- The benefits of being part of the forward thinking Willows Academy Trust who put ‘Children First’
- The opportunity to work alongside amazing pupils, staff, parents and governors
- Be part of an exciting, innovative and forward thinking school
- Opportunity to craft your leadership skills
- Work in an environment where innovation and creativity are encouraged
- A supportive and flexible working environment
- A commitment to CPD and professional development.
Please do not apply for this vacancy via the Derbyshire County Council website.
If you feel you have the qualities and skills for headship at this small rural school then we look forward to your application.
Please return completed applications by post or email: email@example.com to the school by 12.00 noon on the 8th December 2017.
Visits to the school: Please the call school on 01332 792215 to arrange a visit.
Closing date: 8 December 2017
Provisional Interview Date: 18 and 19 January 2018